AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend hooked it up so he's the one that knows all about the wires and crap so i just need to know what to tell him so i can fix it... the two wires that we connected to the ground were a yellow wire with a black stripe running down the middle and a light green wire... what else do i have to tell him to do?

my friend hooked it up so he's the one that knows all about the wires and crap so i just need to know what to tell him so i can fix it... the two wires that we connected to the ground were a yellow wire with a black stripe running down the middle and a light green wire... what else do i have to tell him to do?

did he relocate the black n yellow wire to the empty slot in the other connector?

did he relocate the black n yellow wire to the empty slot above its original slot?

all he did was connect the light green and yellow wire with the black stripe to the ground wire... when you talk about him relocating the black n yellow wire into an empty slot do you mean the yellow wire with the black stripe or two different wires that are in the wire harness? if you can just simply give me instructions on what i can tell him i would appreciate it because i know nothing when it comes to hookin up car audio

did he relocate the black n yellow wire to the empty slot above its original slot?

all he did was connect the light green and yellow wire with the black stripe to the ground wire... when you talk about him relocating the black n yellow wire into an empty slot do you mean the yellow wire with the black stripe or two different wires that are in the wire harness? if you can just simply give me instructions on what i can tell him i would appreciate it because i know nothing when it comes to hookin up car audio

take the black and yellow wire and unlock/pull it out of the harness. relocate it in the end slot on the other connector. THEN ground the black/yellow and green wires. otherwise itll lock you out as soon as u start moving

• 2 weeks later...

so i did what you told me, i took out the yellow and black wires from the harness and moved them into an empty slot and then i have the light green and yellow wire with a black stripe grounded to the black ground wire and everytime i turn on my car the first thing that comes up is still there is improper connection of the parking brake lead and it locks me out of shit when im moving... i cant figure out what to do... i even tried resetting it once... please help!!!

so i did what you told me, i took out the yellow and black wires from the harness and moved them into an empty slot and then i have the light green and yellow wire with a black stripe grounded to the black ground wire and everytime i turn on my car the first thing that comes up is still there is improper connection of the parking brake lead and it locks me out of shit when im moving... i cant figure out what to do... i even tried resetting it once... please help!!!

nonononono......the yellow wire and the black wire are not to be touched!! thats your constant and ground wires, put them back where they belong. you take the yellow wire with the black stripe and move it TO THE EMPTY SLOT IN THE OTHER CONNECTOR, not just any empty slot. check the manual. its the "cell phone mute wire"

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to install a Z3 into my 06 Mustang this weekend.

I've located the light green parking brake wire, as well as moved the yellow wire, with two black stripes, marked MUTE (CRW1358-A) into the bottom right location on the connector 2 socket. Now my question is, and it may be really stupid, but I have absolutely no knowledge of anything electrical:

How do you attach these wires to ground them? I understand you attach them to an unpainted piece of metal on your car, but how? The black grounding wire looks like it could be attached under a screw because of the washer-like end on it, but what about the other two? How do they get attached in a way that secures them? Can they all be connected together into a happy grounding wire family, or should they be separate from each other?

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

I just cut the connector off of that one...spliced them all together and used a bus connector to run a length of wire to my ground....

It doesn't matter how, just as long all of them find a good grounding source....

Thanks dawgbone! Did you install on a Mustang as well, or another car?

Tom

I just cut the connector off of that one...spliced them all together and used a bus connector to run a length of wire to my ground....

It doesn't matter how, just as long all of them find a good grounding source....

Thanks dawgbone! Did you install on a Mustang as well, or another car?

Tom

No... Mine is a 03 Chevy Silverado SS...

I lucked out, as there are step by step instructions to my truck's entire install on this site... or at least there was...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
big problem.. I did what you said.. After restarting it, it gets stuck at 68% and said that there is an error, press retry to retry.. etc. help..

Maybe it's cause you burned it on a mac. Is it a possibility to get a friend with a PC to download and burn it?

I just called him to help :)

And yeah, what dwhitley said is a good point... my drive has already been unlocked and reordered and all that. I obviously am not going to lock a drive to test this theory, but it might need to unlock each file individually to overwrite it. Maybe it's not a problem with the disc, but the file system. I guess just keep hammering on Retry and see if the number starts going up?