AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

No, I mean it never tells me my parking brake is hooked up incorrectly or complains about anything. It doesn't complain even if I kill 12V constant power to the whole thing. From my understanding, the 2nd wire needs to be hooked up because hooking up just the P-brake wire alone will cause it to complain about the P-brake wire being hooked up incorrectly if it's powered up with ONLY the P-brake wire grounded. However, mine w/Z3 image doesn't do that.

Yes, I understood what you said.... why would it tell you your brake is hooked up incorrectly if it's hooked up correctly?

The way I thought it's supposed to work is it senses a change in state from non-grounded to grounded, and if it detects that wire is constantly grounded, then it will alert you the p-brake wire isn't hooked up correctly like all the other AVICs.

If there was never any problem having ONLY the p-brake wire constantly grounded, then what purpose is there to ground that 2nd wire?

What I am saying is after the Z3 upgrade it doesn't seem to care whether that 2nd wire is grounded or not.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I thought it's supposed to work is it senses a change in state from non-grounded to grounded, and if it detects that wire is constantly grounded, then it will alert you the p-brake wire isn't hooked up correctly like all the other AVICs.

If there was never any problem having ONLY the p-brake wire constantly grounded, then what purpose is there to ground that 2nd wire?

What I am saying is after the Z3 upgrade it doesn't seem to care whether that 2nd wire is grounded or not.

Right, but you're not moving if you're bench testing. It only claims improper hookup if it detects movement (via gps or accelerometer) while the brake is grounded. Standing still with the parking brake set, you're allowed to watch movies all day. The second wire bypasses the motion lockout.

Right, but you're not moving if you're bench testing. It only claims improper hookup if it detects movement (via gps or accelerometer) while the brake is grounded. Standing still with the parking brake set, you're allowed to watch movies all day. The second wire bypasses the motion lockout.

Got it, thanks. That's what I trying to find out - whether it monitors anything other than the p-brake wire like VSS, GPS, etc. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

• 2 weeks later...

yes i did that but it shows navigation on the back screens and i have the avicz2 set to mirror front screen to back screens it show ervything on the back screens except for the video it also shows the clock in the upper right hander corner and when i change the tv chanel it also shows the chanel on the rear screans but still no video

yes i did that but it shows navigation on the back screens and i have the avicz2 set to mirror front screen to back screens it show ervything on the back screens except for the video it also shows the clock in the upper right hander corner and when i change the tv chanel it also shows the chanel on the rear screans but still no video

is there a setting for video? and im sorry i meant to write plug it into video out

so i just purchased a Avic z2 off ebay and was attempting to bypass it...

I read the post made on the page and grounded the yellow wire with the black stripe and the light green wire first... then i put in the CD with the image, hit map and the cd said that the upgrade was already installed so i just hit reset and it all worked fine for about 10 minutes, the movie that was playing stopped and a message popped up saying something along the lines of "you can not watch videos while the car is in moving" and "the parking lead wire seems to be hooked up incorrectly"... i dont understand what is going wrong... can anybody help me!?!?

so i just purchased a Avic z2 off ebay and was attempting to bypass it...

I read the post made on the page and grounded the yellow wire with the black stripe and the light green wire first... then i put in the CD with the image, hit map and the cd said that the upgrade was already installed so i just hit reset and it all worked fine for about 10 minutes, the movie that was playing stopped and a message popped up saying something along the lines of "you can not watch videos while the car is in moving" and "the parking lead wire seems to be hooked up incorrectly"... i dont understand what is going wrong... can anybody help me!?!?

did u take the black and yellow wire of out the harness and relocate it in the empty slot in the other connector? cuz thats half the bypass and you made no mention of that