AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

You don't need the ND-PG1 unless your vehicle doesn't have a VSS wire, which being a 2006, yours assuredly does. Its location isn't something we address here.

Some will say you don't need to connect that wire, and they're partially right...it'll work without it, but it's WAYYY more accurate with it connected.

With that all said and done,I checked with a friend of mine and it turns out that Chrylser actually has a cam-bus harness with the vss built into it..According to my buddy,the wiring harness I have is for the base model Charger,so I have the not so right wiring harness..The only down side is the friggin' price: $150

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be weird if the CAN-BUS never split out the VSS at any point, but I guess it's possible. In which case, an adapter is roughly $75, not nearly $150.

Thanks for correcting me on that...I'm only goin by what I was told...Unless you know different,please steer me in the correct way...

That would be weird if the CAN-BUS never split out the VSS at any point, but I guess it's possible. In which case, an adapter is roughly $75, not nearly $150.

Thanks for correcting me on that...I'm only goin by what I was told...Unless you know different,please steer me in the correct way...

here ya go, broseph http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com ... 2r-chy.htm

here ya go, broseph http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com ... 2r-chy.htm

You are the fuckin man!Thank you...Why can't people be more honest like you?

I've read through a shit ton of these posts and want to say you are the man hyperite. Its very good of you to take your time to help people like me out on this board. I just got my avic-z2. I used your directions for the 2nd method, burned the iso image, put it into the drive, and it said that mine was already updated and did nothing else. I still need to do the wire bypass. I am having a buddy of mine work on that tomorrow because I don't have a clue how to ground wires or any of that stuff so I figured I'd get someone that had more knowledge in that area to work on it. Basically, my question is, do I just need to do the 2 wire bypass for it to work or is there special stuff in that iso file that I need in order for it to work? If so, how do I overwrite and install the contents of the disk anyway? Thanks for the help

I just tryed to download the file that was mentioned in the first post, method two. When I clicked on the link, it took me megaload (r something like that) and said the file I was trying to download was currently unavailable. Is this normal. Or is there something wrong with the file? Thanks in advance.

Megaupload could've been doing maintenance or something...i just tried and it worked for me, so give it another shot

Has anyone experienced an overdrive on the navigation...It seems that I'm driving faster then my navigation....Like it's off about 7 seconds...

I can be passing a street in my car,and on my navigation arrow'll have me a few seconds behind the street...Is there something I can do to resolve this?I even hit "Modify My Current Position" but in a half hour it's behind again..

Has anyone experienced an overdrive on the navigation...It seems that I'm driving faster then my navigation....Like it's off about 7 seconds...

I can be passing a street in my car,and on my navigation arrow'll have me a few seconds behind the street...Is there something I can do to resolve this?I even hit "Modify My Current Position" but in a half hour it's behind again..

Uhh...this isn't really related to the bypass, is it...

Is your VSS wire connected properly? If so, try resetting all the gyro functions and letting it learn again.

I am wanting to install the firmware update on my Z2, but I have already installed the bypass software. When I install the firmware on my Z2 will I need to install the bypass software again or do anything else after I update my firmware, or am I good to go?

Hey Hyperite thanks for the ISO on the bypass. Simplified things for me big time.