#931 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8,484 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

http://www.pioneerel... ... C-Z2?tab=F

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#932 NickRummy

NickRummy
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

If I'm understanding this correctly, I should be able to do this 2 wire bypass on my Z2 without any firmware updating as long as it's not the earlier version right?

My CD/DVD reader doesn't work so I have no way of hacking firmware. How do I tell which firmware is on it or how can I tell this 2 wire bypass will work for my unit? I'm getting ready to pull it back out of the dash in an hour or so to do some other work to it. Figured I'd look into this bypass info as well.

#933 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

If I'm understanding this correctly, I should be able to do this 2 wire bypass on my Z2 without any firmware updating as long as it's not the earlier version right?

My CD/DVD reader doesn't work so I have no way of hacking firmware. How do I tell which firmware is on it or how can I tell this 2 wire bypass will work for my unit? I'm getting ready to pull it back out of the dash in an hour or so to do some other work to it. Figured I'd look into this bypass info as well.

Yes it should work if you have a late model Z2, or if the previous owner did the update. You have nothing to lose by trying. I can also upgrade your firmware for you, see the classified section.

#934 rpvitiello

rpvitiello
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Does anyone have a link to the image file for the CD that works? Megaupload was killed by the US government.

#935 miraculousboy

miraculousboy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

ive been away from this forum for a long time and i miss alot.
since megaupload is shut down, is there any way you guys put the file in different server?
and also, my unit is z2 but upgraded to z3, can i still use this method.
thanks alot :)

#936 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

If z3, you don't need this file.

#937 justjager

justjager
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

All the links for the files on Megaupload have been removed. Does anyone know anywhere else to get these files? A link would be great if one is available...;)

#938 miraculousboy

miraculousboy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Thank you, i will try and post,

#939 miraculousboy

miraculousboy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

done, beautifully operational. unit is z2, upgraded to z3 with 2010 maps, hdd unlocked.
gratefully appreciate it guys.:)

#940 miraculousboy

miraculousboy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

now i got to find a internal tuner part# to replace it since none of my video inputs including rear view camera is not working. any suggestions????

#941 liabusador

liabusador
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Does anyone have a WORKING link to DL the file to bypass a Z2, i lost my copy i had and need it badly. Thanks in advance, Shane
If someone has the file and can E-mail it to me that would work to Facebreaker46@gmail.com

#942 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Does anyone have a WORKING link to DL the file to bypass a Z2, i lost my copy i had and need it badly. Thanks in advance, Shane
If someone has the file and can E-mail it to me that would work to Facebreaker46@gmail.com

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z2

Click the firmware link.

#943 rcchheng

rcchheng
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

upload link for the ISO is dead please re up - much thankss!!!

#944 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

upload link for the ISO is dead please re up - much thankss!!!

You don't need the file.  Just do the wiring bypass.

#945 rcchheng

rcchheng
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

You don't need the file.  Just do the wiring bypass.

wire bypass does not work if i drive over 15 mph it kicks the video off after the warning screen that says something like "the system has detected an improper connection...etc-etc" and only sound comes on... =(
I have avic z2...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users