AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

You have to be stopped to get to that menu. In other words, put on your parking brake...or do the bypass

Thanks bobmun!!!! Will Try!

Also one more question when i press the "v" button next to the "open/close" button it should bring up a screen where i can control the dimmer, brightness, etc. I was able to that before on the z1 but when i converted to z2 i can not do that.

ANY THOUGHTS????

Thanks

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know, I hadn't done the software bypass because I wanted to get the locking/freezing up issue resolved. Well I did the Z2 update for the locking and freezing up and after a couple of hiccups it updated and my deck works like it should. So I thought I would be brave and do the Z2 pre/post bypass with the ISO image that was so generously made and given out. Everything was going like it should til it rebooted after the update. I got a "Starting up Pioneer Navigation" or something to that effect and nothing else. Just a big black screen. So I waited about 30-60 minutes and then started up my vehicle and the deck hung at the same spot. So I thought what the heck and put in the Z2 Freezing/Locking update disc and my system went through updating yet again. This time it was flawless and I didn't get the update failed but got the update completed and the deck came right up. Being that when I got my deck installed I had the installer do the 2wire bypass back in March hoping that it might work alone. But it didn't so I already had that 50% of the process completed. So I thought that I would take it out for a test drive and see if my DVD's would play right and see if I could use the Navigation while moving. And low and behold everything works like it should. So I give big props to the guys that brought this release. I will be donating some money to the cause out of my next paycheck, fo sho.

Did you try it without pressing the map button? What burning program and media did you use?

Hey guys. I downloaded the file, burned it on to a cd. I have my z2 already installed with the 2 wire bypass. I insert the cd into the unit and when I hit map it just brings up the map view options. I don't know if i'm missing something, please help.
Did you try it without pressing the map button? What burning program and media did you use?

Hey guys. I downloaded the file, burned it on to a cd. I have my z2 already installed with the 2 wire bypass. I insert the cd into the unit and when I hit map it just brings up the map view options. I don't know if i'm missing something, please help.

I used a riDATA cd and I used sonic burning software.

I tried it with inserting the cd , pressing map, then reset.

I also tried without pressing map

I have a Z2. Effectively did 2-wire bypass and ISO update. DVD works magnificently, BUT my navi is all screwed up. It shows me going at a 45 degree angle away from my current direction and only shows half speed. GPS antenna signal is high, VSS speed sensor is connected and showing a signal. The unit will update my current location approximately every 10 seconds (GPS?) but still shows me going off course between updates.

Also, it seems as though the unit is only showing me going about half the speed I currently am. Only had the problem since I updated. Any suggestions, besides the obvious resetting the system and checking grounds (which I've already done). Thanks guys!

Check your grounds on the bypass wire and parking brake wire. Also make sure that the pin you moved is in the new location securely

I thought my z2 deck was fixed with the bypass. But my wife said the next day that she couldn't see the dvd or use the nav while driving over 10-15 mph. Anyone have any ideas? I mean I did the update and drove the vehicle that night and drove perfectly, now nada.