AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

I have a Z2. Effectively did 2-wire bypass and ISO update. DVD works magnificently, BUT my navi is all screwed up. It shows me going at a 45 degree angle away from my current direction and only shows half speed. GPS antenna signal is high, VSS speed sensor is connected and showing a signal. The unit will update my current location approximately every 10 seconds (GPS?) but still shows me going off course between updates.

Also, it seems as though the unit is only showing me going about half the speed I currently am. Only had the problem since I updated. Any suggestions, besides the obvious resetting the system and checking grounds (which I've already done). Thanks guys!

I just had this problem too. I reset factory defaults and reset the 3D calibration.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the source menu and change the setting for 'Rear Monitor'

I have two headrest monitors that worked perfectly before the bypass. After the bypass (which otherwise worked great) they say "no signal" and I can't find anywhere in the Z2 to re-activate them. Any suggestions????

Still nothing on this. I can switch through all the Source options and the headrest monitors are stuck on No Signal. I thought maybe the software update caused the Z2 to forget about the monitors and it has to be told again that they're there -- I had to do this with the backup camera, for instance. I guess there's nothing like this with the headrest monitors?

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for figuring this out guys. Also I just bought my Z2 last week and when I put in the Update CD after performing the 2 wire bypass, it told me the update had already been applied and everything works like it should!!! This goes to show me that Pioneer must have caught on to the update and started releasing new systems with the update already installed. Thanks everyone for your comments which also help answer any questions people may have.

So the pic represents the end result? And All I have to do is remove the yellow and black cell phone mute wire place in the connector as shown and it's grounded? (I don't have to ground the yellow wire?)

and since my Light green parking brake wire is already grounded the last step is load the software?

So the pic represents the end result? And All I have to do is remove the yellow and black cell phone mute wire place in the connector as shown and it's grounded? (I don't have to ground the yellow wire?)

Correct the picture shows the end result. The yellow wire in the picture is the wire the person chose to use, I used the mute wire as well since it fit nicely in the connector and locks in place.

and since my Light green parking brake wire is already grounded the last step is load the software?

Yes run the update process and your good to go.... Don't forget to hit the reset button lastly which is what I read most people are forgetting to do.

Download and burn the 30 meg file from the sticky at the top of the page. Then do the 2-wire method of grounding

My z2 was made march 07 what steps should i follow for the dvd playback bypass . Also i am having the freeze issue and cant seem to download the firmware upgrade with any success (HELP). Pioneer is sending the disc.
My z2 was made march 07 what steps should i follow for the dvd playback bypass . Also i am having the freeze issue and cant seem to download the firmware upgrade with any success (HELP). Pioneer is sending the disc.

Put that disk into the Z2's drive and do the update. Then ground the 2 wires.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Download and burn the 30 meg file from the sticky at the top of the page. Then do the 2-wire method of grounding

whtcrxghst, normally I would never disagree with you. But he is having trouble downloading the iso from the pioneer web site, so downloading the 30 meg one from the sticky might also be problematic. And Pioneer is sending him a disk to fix the freeze issue he is having trouble with... this will also update the unit for the bypass with the 2 wires. So just wait till that CD from pioneer comes in and update your Z2 and then ground the 2 wires. Don't bother with the 30 meg iso on the first page.