AVIC411.com

Drive Image/ISO begging and supplying

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious if anyone has looked at putting together a set of files that differ from the Z1 to the Z2.. hoping that this may reduce the transfer size..

Just a thought. Realize we're a lil late in the game for the initial push.. but I'm sure there are those w/ limited bandwidth that would appreciate a slimmed down version.

LK

**EDIT: Also.. what version of Acronis was used to produce this?

I used Acronis True Image Home 10 to create the image.

This is not an image of the two DVDs from pioneer. That is already available in a sticky at the top of forum. It's useless for Z1 owners unless you have a valid media number.

The image I created is a backup of a Bypassed Z2 harddrive. You can use True Image to restore the image onto your Z1 drive.

All the instructions and details will be posted once the files are completely loaded.

Also, with the help of the forum members, the image will be available through bittorrent, newsgroups and FTP. I don't have bittorrent software and I don't have access to newsgroups, so I wanted to at least get the FTP version out so people could get started.

Ok, so if we load this image, all the music we have stored will be gone.. correct?, and second. I can not find the images for 700hd dvd's. i looked for a sticky and did a quite a few searches.

Yes, everything you have on your current system in terms of music, phone book, address book, etc will be lost if you use this image.

The upgrade disks are here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

Again, this is useless because you need to enter a unique media number from the CD into Pioneer's website along with your device number. This will generate an unlock code which you enter into your Z1 to allow the upgrade.