AVIC411.com

Drive Image/ISO begging and supplying

Ok, I have the image and I'm testing it out now. Once bypassed, I'll make a new image and I should have something available tonight.

Is there anyone out there that can help host? I don't use any Bittorrent software and I heard there are free sites that will host. It's a 7.4Gb file or I can break it up using winrar.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have the image and I'm testing it out now. Once bypassed, I'll make a new image and I should have something available tonight.

Is there anyone out there that can help host? I don't use any Bittorrent software and I heard there are free sites that will host. It's a 7.4Gb file or I can break it up using winrar.

I can burn 10 sets on DVD and mail out to people if you want to go that way.

Ok, I installed the Z2 image on my Z1 with great success. Everything is bypassed using the 2-wire bypass. So far I have 400+ miles from a trip I took yesterday and everything is still bypassed.

When I installed the drive, it took a few moments for "system updates" then everything came online. The version now reads 2.000 and I verified the maps were updated.

By the end of today, I will have over 600 miles with the new image. Assuming everything stays bypassed, I will do a level-4 reset, remove the drive and create a Bypassed Z2 image.

Right now, the image was 9.4 Gbs before I inserted back into my AVIC. I still don't have a good solution on how to share the image. Distributing DVDs is the last thing I want to do. I can WinRar the file into 1 Gb portions if needed.

Ok, I installed the Z2 image on my Z1 with great success. Everything is bypassed using the 2-wire bypass. So far I have 400+ miles from a trip I took yesterday and everything is still bypassed.

When I installed the drive, it took a few moments for "system updates" then everything came online. The version now reads 2.000 and I verified the maps were updated.

By the end of today, I will have over 600 miles with the new image. Assuming everything stays bypassed, I will do a level-4 reset, remove the drive and create a Bypassed Z2 image.

Right now, the image was 9.4 Gbs before I inserted back into my AVIC. I still don't have a good solution on how to share the image. Distributing DVDs is the last thing I want to do. I can WinRar the file into 1 Gb portions if needed.

That's a very good news. However, hosting a 9.4GB is not easy due to the bandwidth limitation. I don't know of any free hosting sites that would host that big file. If you don't have any other choices and want to go with the DVD solution, I can help.

Thanks,

I would be interested in this image as well, I would pay for shipping of DVD's if necessary, but would it be possible for someone to say upload it to Newsgroups? they post full HD movies there that are 30 gb+ that I haev downloaded before and the speeds are very fast if you pay for a service, for those that don't haev accounts the service I use sells a 3 days for $3 trial.... anyone could just download a trial newsgroup app and buy a $3 and download at VERY fast speeds and everyone could have access to it.. just a thought, please don't flame me.

TIA

stryk3r, that's a very good thought. I don't know if anyone would necessarily flame you for this. I actually think it's the best way to distribute this... to other internet savvy people.

I would say that 99% of the internet users out there don't even know that they exist and it would turn into a maintenance nightmare with the number of posts of "What web site do I go to in order to download from these news groups?".

I have enlightened some friends as to the newsgroup world and many of them just don't get it. Those who do get it, this would be the perfect medium to share this disk. For those who don't will still want it, and we can't force them to become more intelligent, but we might have to "dumb down" our sharing method. It seems like it would be easy for people to say, it's at alt.binaries.avic.fileshare or something but you can't imagine the flood of help requests we will get here, that's my biggest worry.

Well I'm glad someone else knows about the world of NNTP, it defintely would be the best way IMO cause it wouldn't eat up anyone's BW to serve it... and I would be MORE then willing to donate my upload BW if I could get the image.

As for the support on the forums, your always gonna get dumb requests for help... maybe create a STICKY and put all the relevant info in it, ie (alt.binaries.avic.files or whatever, the links to NNTP trials apps, and links to newsgroup providers with cheap trial accounts (some lucky people will even have FREE NG access through thier ISP, mine took it away :( ) and then lock the sticky and make a note that this is not a NG usage forum and that all the info you need is here, you just have to READ as always.

It's the same with all great info on forums, someone always has to ask questions, but I think if it's a sticky and easily found then less questions will be asked, and the "usual" people will direct the newbs to the sticky and close unneeded posts as quickly as possible so as to not flood the board. Anyways, this would be awesome if someone would upload it, or as I stated I would be willing to upload it, if I had the files... :wink:

Cheers

Well I'm glad someone else knows about the world of NNTP, it defintely would be the best way IMO cause it wouldn't eat up anyone's BW to serve it... and I would be MORE then willing to donate my upload BW if I could get the image.

As for the support on the forums, your always gonna get dumb requests for help... maybe create a STICKY and put all the relevant info in it, ie (alt.binaries.avic.files or whatever, the links to NNTP trials apps, and links to newsgroup providers with cheap trial accounts (some lucky people will even have FREE NG access through thier ISP, mine took it away :( ) and then lock the sticky and make a note that this is not a NG usage forum and that all the info you need is here, you just have to READ as always.

It's the same with all great info on forums, someone always has to ask questions, but I think if it's a sticky and easily found then less questions will be asked, and the "usual" people will direct the newbs to the sticky and close unneeded posts as quickly as possible so as to not flood the board. Anyways, this would be awesome if someone would upload it, or as I stated I would be willing to upload it, if I had the files... :wink:

Cheers

I think this is the best way to go. stryk3r, I'll PM you and we'll work out the details. Once we get the files uploaded, I'll draft up a thread that ducatiboy can look at for a sticky. This will include instructions on how to upgrade your Z1 using the image as well as links to newsgroups how (I'll need your help on this part).

I'll let everyone know in this thread when everything's ready.