AVIC411.com

Drive Image/ISO begging and supplying

Per Ducatiboy's recommendation, I'm starting a thread for requests for Z1/Z2 drive images and CD ISOs. Hopefully this will alleviate all the PMs sent to Ducatiboy and Hyperite requesting such.

SO, if you would like to request a drive image or CD ISO, post here. Hopefully, those willing to provide a drive image or CD ISO will respond.

Here it goes:

Can anyone provide an image of a Z2 drive? It doesn’t matter if it’s bypassed already or not.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Z2 stolen and I'm replacing it in the next 7-10 days. Looks like new order will not get me an UPFATED version, so I'd like to get an image/disc if possible.

Looks like all you need is the update CD which is downloadable from the sticky post on the top of this section.

This is for people with Z1's that want a Z2 image to play with. If you already have a Z2, you would not need this.

I've got a "virgin" June Z2 image I can upload. I downloaded it from someone on this forum and I was able to make my Z1 a Z2 with it. The Z2 bypass files work perfectly on it. Let me know how and where you'd like it uploaded. It's a single Acronis image file and it's somewhere between 7-8 gigs in size.

Also, when I unlocked my drive, I only paid the $5 fee for the drive recertification. I didn't have plans to keep my Z1 files so I didn't need to pay the $43 to preserve my data. The image tranferred flawlessly into my hard drive and I couldn't be any happier. I recommend only paying the $5 unless you want to preserve your current data. The bad thing about changing to a Z2 image is that you can't carry your music library over from your Z1. If you want to do that, you'll have to pay the $250 for the upgrade disc. One thing to keep in mind if you only pay the $5 to unlock and recertify your hard drive, you will need to format your hard drive in FAT32 before transferring the Z2 image.

I've got a "virgin" June Z2 image I can upload. I downloaded it from someone on this forum and I was able to make my Z1 a Z2 with it. The Z2 bypass files work perfectly on it. Let me know how and where you'd like it uploaded. It's a single Acronis image file and it's somewhere between 7-8 gigs in size.

Might want to check with the person you got it from before you start giving it away. I'm not sure he intended it for broad use.

Might want to check with the person you got it from before you start giving it away. I'm not sure he intended it for broad use.

Yes that is a very good idea. Also if this image is not YOURS, I highly recommend not giving it away. Sometimes people make an image file with personal info on there that SHOULD NOT be shared without their consent. If you didn't make the image DO NOT SHARE IT.

At the very least, take your drive out, back it up to your hard drive.

Stick it back into the Z1/2, do a level 4 reset to factory defaults.

Remove it and put it into your PC, make the image, share that one.

Restore your image back to your drive and re-insert it back into your Z1/2.

If someone else was kind enough to make an image of their drive and share it with you, and it has any personal info from the originator DO NOT SHARE IT. It will make the originator mad and me as well. You do not want to screw someone who was nice enough to take the time to make you an image, just cause you are too lazy to wipe it before sharing.