AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought the discs were red?

Quite possible. I scanned my originals from the N1 (notice the 2004 copyright date) and changed the 10 to a 70.

I have a new N3 coming in a week, and if they are indeed new color, will be scanning and posting again here :D

I bought mine off of ebay, inserted the new disk and it upgraded and worked. But then the next day I got a message saying "This is not the apprporiate disk" "PLease insert the appopriate disk" whats up with that?

Mine did exact same thing. Plus, it wouldn't eject all the way. Once I 'persued' the DVD to leave it's comfy home inside the N1, I noticed the media had a bunch of light scratches on it's surface. I polished it with some Brasso and used a very soft buff, making sure it was completely free of the Brasso returned it to the unit. Works now

'c'

I bought mine off of ebay, inserted the new disk and it upgraded and worked. But then the next day I got a message saying "This is not the apprporiate disk" "PLease insert the appopriate disk" whats up with that?

Mine did exact same thing. Plus, it wouldn't eject all the way. Once I 'persued' the DVD to leave it's comfy home inside the N1, I noticed the media had a bunch of light scratches on it's surface. I polished it with some Brasso and used a very soft buff, making sure it was completely free of the Brasso returned it to the unit. Works now

'c'

Interesting, will mine doesn't have any scratches and I guess for the mean time I will have to downgrade back to the 60MT. Where is the RESET button on the D2??

'c'

Interesting, will mine doesn't have any scratches and I guess for the mean time I will have to downgrade back to the 60MT. Where is the RESET button on the D2??

post-13910-12872753313084_thumb.jpg

ugh. I need some help burning the DVD. I downloaded the torrent. its little over 7gb. I burned it twice to two different dvds and both dont work. All i get from the nav is, "Insert Appropriate Disc."

Im buring the DVD on a OSX machine using toast. The first time I tried burning it it said Cannot Burn CD Rom Xa Audio files. I went into the settings and changed it from Xa to ISO 9660 Level 1. I figured thats what It needed to be on.

Can anyone help? I only have 1 DL DVD left.

Ok so once you have Unziped the file you downloaded, to a folder, with winrar. You need to install Alcohol, once you get that working...do go to options, the tree will come up, look down the tree to recording...check the Book type radio button, (im using very little words as not to confuse you) After close that out..

.Open the file where you Unziped your CD you downloaded...If you have done things right so far, the files will now be with and red boxes, with the file extentions in the in red.

open burning program

Drag anyone of the files, there will be two!!...it does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the wide open box to the left of everything!! dont worrie about any thing.

Right click it...selcet image burning wizard...Once you do that everything else will be done...Hit next...Change the speed option to slow as you can go...and hit start...close everything else down!! dont use your computer at this time, unless you got a care two duo, like me!! lo or a mac! and then if you need to know how to do this, you should not own a mac! lol J?K all..

This is the stupid easy part!!...wait for 40 min!! and then your done..

I used HP DL R+ media... my navi will be hook up tomarrow, i dont have my GPS yet, but this should still boot?

Any questions....i'll try to help, but really this is easy...If you cant figgure it out, have someone do it, or bur the disc! Or read instructions! HAVE FAITH!!

Ok so once you have Unziped the file you downloaded, to a folder, with winrar. You need to install Alcohol, once you get that working...do go to options, the tree will come up, look down the tree to recording...check the Book type radio button, (im using very little words as not to confuse you) After close that out..

.Open the file where you Unziped your CD you downloaded...If you have done things right so far, the files will now be with and red boxes, with the file extentions in the in red.

open burning program

Drag anyone of the files, there will be two!!...it does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the wide open box to the left of everything!! dont worrie about any thing.

Right click it...selcet image burning wizard...Once you do that everything else will be done...Hit next...Change the speed option to slow as you can go...and hit start...close everything else down!! dont use your computer at this time, unless you got a care two duo, like me!! lo or a mac! and then if you need to know how to do this, you should not own a mac! lol J?K all..

This is the stupid easy part!!...wait for 40 min!! and then your done..

I used HP DL R+ media... my navi will be hook up tomarrow, i dont have my GPS yet, but this should still boot?

Any questions....i'll try to help, but really this is easy...If you cant figgure it out, have someone do it, or bur the disc! Or read instructions! HAVE FAITH!!

Is this for OSX? I cant find Alcohol for OSX anywhere. Im using toast.

Can't help there. What I did was go all the way back to the beginning of this thread and found several step x step instructions.

This one seemed to be most clear. Perhaps there is another explaining the how-to for OSX.

There is this link where a gentleman found an alternative to alcohol:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... are_how_to

called DAEMON tools

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/

Sorry I couldn't be more help.