AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

I have to update. Turns out I was doing it right after all. My avic 88 has green cndv 50 mt discs in it and somethings causing it it to have this issue. My other avic 88 has the yellow discs in it (had). I put the east coast disc in first and it took off running!. everything works fine on it now. Theres something about that 50 mt as my factory 70's wont work in it either. Thanks for all the help and I really appreciate this site.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another update!! I used the newly burned iso cd's in a friends avic88 just like mine with a AVH7600dvd head unit just like mine and his will take the program. He had the 50 MT discs just like mine as well, so I can rule that possibility out. So far mine is the only avic 88 that wont take the update. I did however get int a black screen with a message that said it was for technician use only and asking for a password. Any ideas how to get that unit to take the up date. It wont take from original cd's or copied.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried it for the first time, and no luck. Inserted and it said invalid media. I followed 94explorer's instructions to no avail, at least the first time. I used Imations, and am now going to try Fugifilms. I just read something about the DVD recorder having to be able to make DVD ROM's, and my Sony will not do that. I guess that's the next thing to look at? Sorry for the ignorance, but this is all new stuff. I haven't even begun to get to the stage about mounting, changing stuff in the PIM, and other things that have been discussed.

just thought id say this west disc works great, downloaded burnt and works... dont understand why people are having problems

if you prefer other burning software, just use deamontools to mount the image then burn from "dvd" to dvd using any program.

only help i can think of for anyone out there :?

OK I see that there is a East Disk and I am going to try that one shortly.. But where can I get the West Disk (That is the one I need mainly)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ekk. Im afraid to ask this. Im trying to find the ISO for a D1. I honestly dont really know much about these different types of files and etc. I bought a D1 used for my girlfriend. i have a D3 with the disks. I tried using the disks and nada. What a surprise. So Im trying to find a way to burn the disc for her. Pioneer has gotten enough money out of me lol. Im trying to download the torrents from earlier but no one is seeding :( Anyone know how I can get ahold of the files?

I am sure you can steal a copy of the CNDV70 disks if you search the torrents for them. They will work in the D1

Ekk. Im afraid to ask this. Im trying to find the ISO for a D1. I honestly dont really know much about these different types of files and etc. I bought a D1 used for my girlfriend. i have a D3 with the disks. I tried using the disks and nada. What a surprise. So Im trying to find a way to burn the disc for her. Pioneer has gotten enough money out of me lol. Im trying to download the torrents from earlier but no one is seeding :( Anyone know how I can get ahold of the files?
  • 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the torrent, tried ot burn it using Alcohol 120% and it failed =[

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################

********* Time stamp of this log file: 11/26/2007 8:51:47 PM *********

20:51:47 Processor info: Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz x 2 (17981MHz)

20:51:47 Memory Available to Windows: 2,095,532 KB

20:51:47 Memory Buffer size: 256 MB

20:51:47 Image file loading: F:\Documents and Settings\Jeffrey Ng\Desktop\Pioneer_D2\CNDV_70MTP_WEST.mds

20:51:47 DVD Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 7.28 GB / 848:16:32

20:51:51 (E:) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L(5:0): Recording Method/Speed

20:51:51 Illegal speed 2.3X (3185 KB/Sec) for this medium, running on 2.0X (2770 KB/Sec)

20:51:51 Recording - DVD DAO - 2.0X (2770 KB/Sec)

(E:) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L(5:0) - Media format: DVD+R , Double Layers

20:58:28 (E:) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L(5:0) - [Write ERROR] LBA: 271968, Length: 16

S:KEY - 05/21/02 - "Invalid Address For Write"

20:58:28 (E:) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L(5:0): Recording failed!

20:58:28 Error message: [05/21/02] - Invalid Address For Write

20:58:28 (E:) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L(5:0): Recording failed!

20:58:28 Image file loading aborted!

20:58:30 Something is wrong with the recording procedure! Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.

##############################################################################

Why??

I have read all the info in this post and i do have the torrents for both discs but have not yet attempted to do yet. I also purchased east and west copies and they work fine. So then i used alcohol 120 and used copy wizard to copy both discs. Everything went successfully but i have not tried in a unit yet. I looked at both the copy i bought and the copy i made and they appear to be identical. What are the chances that my copy is going to work by doing it the way I did it and or is there someting I am missing. Thanks