AVIC411.com

8000NEX losing me on map

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have  a NEX 8000 in my Subaru outback and I mounted a kia shark fin antenna to the roof connected to the head unit with an adapter & it works great.

Just wondering, why does the stock antenna need to be mounted to a sheet of metal larger than the antenna?   I'm asking as I have a similar problem with my avic z150bh in my 2nd car.  Sometimes the GPS cursor floats way off the road.   I have the stock antenna under the dash close to the windshield sitting on a piece of plastic.  Do you think it would work better if I have a piece of sheet metal under it?

Ive reset it and nothing, once i go over 45 or 50 mph it loses me and this is trying to get my pregnant fiance to and from doctor apts and a new hospital. Guess im gonna have to talk to pioneer which is what ive been trying to avoid.. we all know how that goes.... send in unit wait forever... since i still can't update maps

I got a reply back from Pioneer after I sent them an email.  The guy said it sounds like a faulty unit.  He said to try and return it where I bought it.  The store only has 30 day return.  Looks like I will be sending it to Pioneer.  You have to ship it to the factory.  I sent my AVIC f700bt to them before and they actually repaired it and got it back to me pretty fast.  bummer though..  I like the stereo but this Navigation problem is disappointing.  I'm going to call them on Monday.  I will post what happens.

Called Pioneer.  Told them what was going on.  Told them Antenna signal  was  good , plenty of satellites, all wiring was correct.  They asked if I reset it and I told them yes.  Long story short, my unit is on its way to pioneer for repair.  They told me everything I tried and its still doing it, than the unit is defective.  Bummer!!!  I guess that's what warranties are for. Hopefully its not gone to long. 

I too am getting this. The arrow indicating my position will jump all over the place, when I am on a route to a set destination. It'll say it's recalculating a new route. When I was on the highway it kept showing that I was going North on the highway when I was clearly headed south....  I had a x940bt never had this happened to me before... should I send this unit back? I have the 5000nex bought about a week ago, it is soo much smoother than the x940bt....  Firmware 1.08 .  

This does not happen if you don't have a route set. That being said, for the people who are saying they aren't having this issue, I have a couple questions:

Are you just on the map or did you actually set a destination/route?

What map version are you currently on?

same here I have had 2 refurbed 8000nex and they both never had the jumping around on the map problem,I sold the first one to go to the kenwood DNN992 that was a mistake, I bought another 8000nex, I have my antenna in on the center of the dash, they both were updated with latest firmware. also I have 2011 f150 supercrew 4x4 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but I got my unit back after waiting a month for it.  I got it installed and yes, you guessed it, they didn't fix the problem.  All the invoice said was they reset the unit????  I was told the unit was defective and needed to be sent in.  So emailing back and forth again with pioneer,(It take a half an hour or more every time you try to call them.).  I told them I can get them video, so they asked me to send them video.  It wasn't hard to get it to mess up to get the video.

.  I had to put it on You Tube. Let me know if there are more of you out there with the same problem.  It's not the best video, but it shows the problems that I am have with the unit.  Now I wait for a reply.  They actually replied pretty quick when I emailed them on Fri.  I would have preferred to call,  but I didn't have a half hour to wait.  Will keep you posted.
  • 2 weeks later...

Was emailing back and forth with Pioneer trying to figure out what the problem is.  They finally decided that the unit has internal problems. This was what they origionally said.  Since I sent it to them once already and they did not fix the problem, they decided that they would exchange it.  So I had to send it back. They actually paid for the shipping.  Once they receive it, they will send me the new one.   Sent it out last Fri and they received it today.  Hopefully I get the new one soon and it works the way it should. 

FYI, when contacting Pioneer, the 2 times i called, it took over a half an hour to get through.  When I emailed them, they were pretty quick about replying to me.  It would be a good idea to have a video of it messing up and I took pictures of the status screen with the antenna strength and number of satellites.  They had me do a you tube video and send them the link.  They also requested the route I was on in the video.  They can run simulations of the route to make sure there are no satellite issues in the are. 

All and all, I wasn't happy that they did not take care of it the first time, but it seems they are trying to make it right now.  So I will see.  I will keep you posted.