AVIC411.com

8000NEX losing me on map

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest is the 1.08, I had update to use the Maestro RR in my 2011 F150 supercrew, Mine has no  problem with keeping track of me on the map, also I have the Speed input wire hooked up, I did noticed that the Navigation firmware number did change with the update of 1.08, I would try to update first.  

On the highway I drive daily and the side streets to say my pregnant fiancé doctor the icon shifts all over the place except for the actual road I am on, sometimes it can not be where I am for 15 minutes... Quite ridiculous esp since I travel for work and usually to new places where the navigation comes in real handy, I'm thinking I just need to relocate the gps module from inside the dsh to some place exposed near the windshield.

on the satellite status screen, are you receiving sufficient satellites ( 3, preferably more) ?

On some cars with uv/heat blocking glass the glass has a thin metal covering, this glass also blocks gps signals.... As a test you could move the antenna outside, top facing upwards

I'll check sat numbers when I get in truck, but it's def not mounted on metal, my truck came with sync and that thing never lost me, I'll move it to the roof and see if that helps. Is maestro rr a Must? Wondering if it's a bad headunit.. Ipod doesn't always load up when trick is shut off then turned back on while using the ipod.... And laggy when switching songs...and still can't update my maps

My 5000 NEX is doing the same thing.  I will be going north on interstate and it will say I'm going South.  Or just trying to drive off road.  It jumps all over the place.  I tried the antenna inside and out.  All connections are right.  My antenna strenght is good and satelites is good.  A couple of times it did it at night and it was cloudy and windy.  I attempted to email Pioneer about it and they never got back to me.