AVIC411.com

Does Pioneer really want's us to do a bypass.

I mean, it's pretty easy to bypass, 2 cables to change.

They could have make this alot tougher:

There is a integrated GPS so they know the vehicule is moving. But they don't use this info.

There is also a cable that goes to the VSS so they know again the vehicule is moving. But again, they don't use this info.

So what I am wondering... Do you think Pionner made their unit easy to bypass just so everyone can be happy?

Most likely. The only reason they've set it up not to work when the car is moving in the first place is BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. If they had a choice who they would want to satisfy more, the government or the customers, they would always side with the customers. Because that's who pays their bills. But in this matter they can't because of the law. So I they make it as easy as possible for their customers to deal with while still complying with the law.

Or it could just be a huge coincidence that you're reading way to far into.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing that's illegal is video. The GPS in my Mitsubishi Lancer does everything except video when the car is in motion. In fact, I would never have done the bypass if everything but the video were normally unlocked... even if it is nice to be able to let my daughter watch her Disney videos when she's in the car with me.

• 1 month later...
I just installed a D3 and mine does use the VSS to disable certain things while in motion. If i go into the NAVI menu there will be a bunch of things greyed out, and as soon as i stop they come back.

You must have gotten one of those special D3's that's different from every single other one Pioneer made. :roll:

If you do the bypass (which leaves the VSS wire in use, by the way) correctly, all functions that are usable in any given scenario while parked are available in the same scenario while in motion. Period.