AVIC411.com
Sign in to follow this  
gasongasoff

WARNING: don't upgrade to IOS 8.4, it'll brick your carplay

Using latest firmware ip6+ and nex8000 the only issue I have is pandora cuts in and out sometimes while using CarPlay, but if I turn CarPlay off or just use Bluetooth it works fine

I am having issues. My IP6+ on 8.4 is jailbroken and my screen either goes blank or I can't play music from the music app when I launch carplay. I'm about to restore and upgraded to 8.4.1 later this week to see if it will resolve my issue.

This is the internet folks.  If one or two people have similar issues with a device, that means the entire line of that device is defective.  Simple edumahcation.

I am having issues. My IP6+ on 8.4 is jailbroken and my screen either goes blank or I can't play music from the music app when I launch carplay. I'm about to restore and upgraded to 8.4.1 later this week to see if it will resolve my issue.

There is a tweak called cydia impactor that lets you do a complete restore to you current firmware without having to upgrade.  this way you can re jailbreak if that's not the issue. download it through cydia and run it right from your phone.  I haven't tried it but it was made by saurik so I can assume its legit.

I upgraded my iphone 6+ from ios 8.3 to 8.4.1 and I started getting random hard lockups. I have my phone connected to the NEX when I start the car, maybe that has something to do with it. The exact issue has been reported by many people after they upgraded from 8.3.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7111334

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/3bymzp/anyone_having_carplay_problems_with_84/

I managed to downgrade to 8.4 (8.3 was already disallowed by Apple), reset my NEX, and reset my iphone, and so far it's been working okay... crossing fingers.