AVIC411.com

Freesing on startup..."GOOD NEWS from Pioneer"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the flasher lockout bypass is a thing of the past. Now I have a new issue as well. Even when I'm stopped, none of my buttons are solid colored. So I can't enter in an address now even when the car is stopped. Not sure how that happened. I will try the two wire method tomorrow night after work and see if that helps. Otherwise, it's off to Pioneer for repair.

This had better been worth it.

Well, the flasher lockout bypass is a thing of the past. Now I have a new issue as well. Even when I'm stopped, none of my buttons are solid colored. So I can't enter in an address now even when the car is stopped. Not sure how that happened. I will try the two wire method tomorrow night after work and see if that helps. Otherwise, it's off to Pioneer for repair.

This had better been worth it.

If you were using the flasher method, most likely your parking brake wire isn't hook up or grounded.

Anybody install on a non-upgraded Z1 with the flasher by-pass yet?

Perhaps you didn't read my post about 5 posts up from this one. Yes, I installed it and the flasher bypass no longer works, as well as nothing else works without the parking brake wire grounded. I have a non-upgraded Z1, execpt now, I think I will go ahead and upgrade it since I have to do the 2-wire method now anyway.

Another one..... well, like I said in the other thread, I'll believe it when I see it. And then i'll sing your praises!

Consider your praises sung....... for now. I have installed the firmware update, bypass still works, and I havent had a freeze at all. HOWEVER..... it is also about 20 degrees colder here than it was when my unit was freezing. So, we'll see.

But, you were right, pioneer has graced us with a supposed fix. :D:twisted:

Here's a funny short story for you guys. Yesterday I check my e-mail and like many of you, I had the e-mail from Pioneer. I read it and was happy to see that those with the freezing problem would be able to fix the problem. I personally had never experienced the freezing problem but I was nonetheless happy that the fix was available, if I ever needed it. Today, I get in the car after a short trip to the grocery store, and what do you know? I had music playing from the library but I was stuck on the boot screen. Damn Pioneer jinxed me. What sucks is that it's only about 78 degrees outside (probably 100 inside the car) and it never happened to me even when the temperature inside the car was probably about 140-150 degrees earlier this summer. I guess I'm off to download this new firmware.

Some have suggested that the firmware may keep the fan on for longer periods or maybe a faster speed during startup. Anybody confirm this? I'm thinking it might be that or they may have changed the parameters to the normal operating temperature settings to allow more heat before the shutdown threshold is reached. If this was done, this is more of band-aid than a fix. Either way, hopefully it works in the long run.

Some have suggested that the firmware may keep the fan on for longer periods or maybe a faster speed during startup. Anybody confirm this? I'm thinking it might be that or they may have changed the parameters to the normal operating temperature settings to allow more heat before the shutdown threshold is reached. If this was done, this is more of band-aid than a fix. Either way, hopefully it works in the long run.

Im hoping its not the later... Thats not only a bandaid, but its more like putting a cast on your arm to help with a bloody nose.

i mentioned they may try and pull that [keeping fan on longer] but i have not played with it yet. i wont do the update till next summer when it gets hot unless i get a lockup soon. i havnt had a lockup since the bypass update cracking windows and using a sunshade so i dont want to jinx the luck yet. i know in the summer im facing trouble again though.