AVIC411.com

iPhone w/ D3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the iPhone works ridiculously well with the D3, here's my experience...

iPod functionality:

the ipod adaptor plays like normal, the controls r quick n responsive, it acts just like an ipod wen connected, n u can still hit the home button n do other functions while listening to music (i.e safari or txt). also, everytime u dock the iphone a message pops up asking if u want to go into airplane mode or not since ur listening to ipod, i always hit no so it goes away, but regardless the music streams thru right where u left off. since the ipod adaptor is just a simple cable, i made a custom mounting dock where the iPhone lies at a 45 degree angle which plugs in using a universal ipod dock n rests inside this pocket in my car.

Bluetooth functionality:

the bluetooth adaptor surprisingly worked great even wen listening to ipod or xm or anything. if ur listening to ipod n a call comes thru, it just fades out the music, pauses it, n the call comes on the screen like normal, then wen the call's over, the music picks up from b4. the only thing that sux is that it can't save any contacts only 6 phone numbers stored as the presets. but i usually call from the phone n it immediately goes to the d3, no echo whatsoever on either end.

Hope this helps you.

one way around is to sync your iphone with you computer address book - i use a mac - and then syn and use an old phone with BT that will handle the transfer and send your numbers to the D3. I'm installing my D3 this weekend and I think this will work with my hacked Verizon Razr that still has file transfer over BT enabled. A couple of extra steps but what do you think?

one way around is to sync your iphone with you computer address book - i use a mac - and then syn and use an old phone with BT that will handle the transfer and send your numbers to the D3. I'm installing my D3 this weekend and I think this will work with my hacked Verizon Razr that still has file transfer over BT enabled. A couple of extra steps but what do you think?

Ive tried that with my razr and it doesnt work.

yep charging work fine, AlpineLegacy06 hit the nail on the head.

Are you sure it charges? Mine doesn't seem to charge. I dont see any "lightning bolt" on the battery icon or "electric plug" when I connect my iphone to my D3.

Which firmware version do you have on the phone? I beleive I had the same problem when my phone was at 1.0 The current firmware is 1.02 Also make sure the charging function is turn on with the D3.

yep charging work fine, AlpineLegacy06 hit the nail on the head.

Are you sure it charges? Mine doesn't seem to charge. I dont see any "lightning bolt" on the battery icon or "electric plug" when I connect my iphone to my D3.

Which firmware version do you have on the phone? I beleive I had the same problem when my phone was at 1.0 The current firmware is 1.02 Also make sure the charging function is turn on with the D3.

I have 1.02, what does it show on the battery icon when the iphone is connected to the cable? Does it show the "lightning icon" or the "electric plug". Thanks much!

I have 1.02, what does it show on the battery icon when the iphone is connected to the cable? Does it show the "lightning icon" or the "electric plug". Thanks much!

the lightning bolt icon shows up n the battery image 2. but if u turn ipod charge "off" then you'll get album art instead. to do this, go to av menu>function>ipod charge>on/off. btw, i'm also running 1.02 firmware wit heavy mods, go to http://www.modmyiphone.com 4 all ur iphone needs.

Has anyone tested this to see if it works? Can I use my old windows mobile phone to store numbers into my Avic then use my Iphone to control those numbers???? If the numbers are already stored on the Avic it should be able to transfer them to another account right?