AVIC411.com

iPhone w/ D3

One person said he got it to work by transferring the phonebook with his macbook but I think he was mistaken. I have tried it with my razr and it didn't work. The info will transfer from the other phone but the D3 wont receive it if that phone wasn't the one previously synced to the D3 just before sending the info.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense that syncing the contacts from another phone would NOT work, since the D3 manual and the BTB200 manual talk about how there are seperate phone books for each phone id.

Can anyone actually confirm this has worked?

tdhn: Are you sure this worked? With your iPhone accessing your other phones address book?

I was thinking of trying this myself; I was thinking the phone identifer was maybe the SIM card ID so that swapping sims would work, but it actually looks like its the bluetooth MAC?

Does anyone know if you can change the MAC of the bluetooth device in the registry of a WindowsMobile? If you could, you could change the MAC to the same one as your iPhone then use the WM device to sync the contact book?

I cant figure out a way to upload my adress book. I tried switching my sim card into my old windows mobile phone but that didnt work. I tried putting in a CD with all the contacts info on it to see if it would somehow conect witht he BTB device and upload them there. I have had no luck. If anyone else can come up with a method that would be amazing! I would say that is the biggest flaw I have had with my iPhone.

Actually, I'm fairly certain my above idea would work. If you look at your phone identifier on the D3 it is the Bluetooth MAC of the iPhone. So all we need to do is spoof either a WM's Bluetoth MAC that has transfered its book, or get the iPhone

Bluetooth MAC to match the WM device. Whichever is easier/do-able

The question is how, changing the MAC on a NIC is usually pretty easy, but a Bluetooth one I have never heard of.

If we figure that out we would have phonebook transfer, (well at least those with access to a WM phone). I guess any phone that someone can change the mac on would work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
is anybody able to browse their music on the actual iphone while plugged in? I could almost swear that I used to be able to, but now when i do it, if i press "iPod" on the phone, it says "Accessory Connected" or something. maybe im going crazy?

anybody? jeez...

• 6 months later...