AVIC411.com
godzilla

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Release

RonS,

In order to get the 2017 update running I patched the altered RenewAllFlib.

Tot get the 2015 version to install, do I maybe first need to swap ReneAllFlib again for the original?

3 hours ago, timmen said:

Hi RonS,

Quick update: tried installing 2015 maps version but all it does it display the message "system startup error".
Can u help me understand Testmode a bit more please? I would try Forced Write but am out of my debth here (have been for a while).

Also I would like to compare folder content to that of a functioning unit. Would that one need to be te same as mine or is the installed version the key ingredient here?

At least I can listen to a CD while driving... jippie.

Sorry, I only use TestMode file manager to copy/paste/delete files. I've looked at the many other functions but with only sketchy documentation, they were too dangerous to try on a working headunit.  Over the years I remember someone saying he got Forced Program Write to reload his files. But I've never done it.  You have already made thins worse by playing with it. 

You will need someone with a similar F series unit since my files aren't the same.

All this discussion is off topic for this thread and adds unnecessary clutter for people interested in this topic.You should start another one. I'll move the extraneous posts to it.

1 hour ago, RonS said:

Sorry, I only use TestMode file manager to copy/paste/delete files. I've looked at the many other functions but with only sketchy documentation, they were too dangerous to try on a working headunit.  Over the years I remember someone saying he got Forced Program Write to reload his files. But I've never done it.  You have already made thins worse by playing with it. 

You will need someone with a similar F series unit since my files aren't the same.

All this discussion is off topic for this thread and adds unnecessary clutter for people interested in this topic.You should start another one. I'll move the extraneous posts to it.

SUCCES!!

I started comparing folder content from the unit with the 2017 update files.
It seems that I was a little too excited when I went to delete Navi.exe and ended up deleting AIPI_Navi.dll.

Copied that in PRG1\APL and hey presto, boots up like a good'n again!

Thank you RonS for your insight, suggestions and for not straight-out calling me a moron for messing up my unit :-)
Even though I deserve it.

All is well again! Now let's try that nag-screen hack again!

3 hours ago, PAGLIA62 said:

There is nothing wrong with the zip file posted by godzilla. So these files are not necessary. I suspect you used an incorrect password when you unzipped the file.