AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 BTB200 and the stupid Treo 755p

Just wanted to let everyone know there's an update for the treo 755p and some are using it for the 700p...I am not running this phone right now but there might be some changes to the bluetooth in the update. If anyone tries it please post your results. From what I read the update might be worth it just for the speed improvements and the SMS changes

Frank

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let everyone know there's an update for the treo 755p and some are using it for the 700p...I am not running this phone right now but there might be some changes to the bluetooth in the update. If anyone tries it please post your results. From what I read the update might be worth it just for the speed improvements and the SMS changes

Frank

Thanks Frank, I'll see if I can find and install this update... I'll keep you all posted on the results.

I loaded the update and not only does it not help with the connection, it also screwed up my bluetooth on my phone. I'm running Good Link for my email, ect. I get an message that the bluetooth application is blocked when i try to make my phone "visible". Any ideas on how to get my phone to work again?

I loaded the update and not only does it not help with the connection, it also screwed up my bluetooth on my phone. I'm running Good Link for my email, ect. I get an message that the bluetooth application is blocked when i try to make my phone "visible". Any ideas on how to get my phone to work again?

Take it to the store and see if they will downgrade the software for you.

Take it to the store and see if they will downgrade the software for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fought this battle with Pioneer, and was told, in essence, "You lose, sucker." The next iteration of the BT interface will be internal (as opposed to an external interface like the CD-BTB200) and Pioneer has no interest in fixing the compatibility problem between Palm OS-based smartphones and the CD-BTB200.

My solution was to buy a Palm 700wx off of eBay (about $175), switch my service to it, and install the Jetware Mobile SW. This is an imperfect solution, as you still get limited functionality. Pairing the devices is still a challenge, but it can be done. When I fire up the car, I have to take out the phone, switch off Bluetooth, then switch it back on again. It then communicates with the CD-BTB200 and all is well. However, everytime I get back into the car, I have to do this all over again.

I also can't dial through the N3 display, can't store speed dial numbers, and there's no caller ID. But I can answer calls through the N3, and dial calls from the phone while I talk on the interface.

I think this is going to be my last Pioneer purchase, though. Their lack of candor about the compatibility issues, and uncaring attitude about trying to provide a remedy has soured me with the company.

Welp, thanks for the replies.

I'm not switching phones..lol I love Palm. I guess I will just sell the bluetooth box on ebay. Hell selling I will recoop half the cost of the Avic!..lol

I lived this long without having bluetooth in my car so I guess I will just use my headset like I always have................ oh wells... it's definitely a nice feature I just with there was some type of standard where everything would just work...arg.!

Thanks yall,

-Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

My fix was to go with a windows mobile based phone. First the HTC touch and now an HTC Mogul...the mogul is a great phone but still needs jetware to pair with the D3. Once you run Jetware it's all gravy! Even the ringers play thru.

Best of luck to all

Frank

• 5 weeks later...