AVIC411.com

Video bypass and the law

the only way your gonna get in trouble is if you get pulled over for something else and are stupid enough to leave your movie playing when the cop comes to your window. they're not gonna hop in your car and check to see if your bypassed or not

And possibly if you get into an accident it might be discovered.

And in a worst case scenario, you get into an accident that's not your fault, and the other person's insurance company finds out about the bypass and decides not to cover the damages. And then your insurance won't pay for the repairs either, for the same reason. Then you're screwed. But like I said, that's a worst case scenario.

And possibly if you get into an accident it might be discovered.

And in a worst case scenario, you get into an accident that's not your fault, and the other person's insurance company finds out about the bypass and decides not to cover the damages. And then your insurance won't pay for the repairs either, for the same reason. Then you're screwed. But like I said, that's a worst case scenario.

True, but that is IF they know what the bypass is or has done on the car. And they have no proof whether the person was watching a movie and not just using the Navi. or listening to music.

True, but at that point, you've got equipment in your car that has it's safety measures bypassed at the time of the accident. So I would think the burden of proving you WEREN'T operating it outside of intended methods would be on you, not them having to prove you WERE.

But again, this is a worst case scenario. None of that would probably ever happen, really.

True, but at that point, you've got equipment in your car that has it's safety measures bypassed at the time of the accident. So I would think the burden of proving you WEREN'T operating it outside of intended methods would be on you, not them having to prove you WERE.

But again, this is a worst case scenario. None of that would probably ever happen, really.

Remember you are innocent until found guilty. They [not you] have to prove it. The police may charge you a fine for the bypass but insurance cannot refuse the reimbursement.

Possessing a gun doesn't mean you commit murder. They may charge you for possessing a gun though [if you do not license to have one].

Insurance companies most certainly can refuse payment if you are found to have been breaking a safety law when an accident occurs. And if you disagree, they have more than enough lawyers on staff that will be happy to fight you on it until you run out of money and have to give up.

It's not right, its just the way it is with our legal system

Well, I'll tell you from an insider stand point. The police aren't going to be snooping inside your vehicle, after a wreck, to see what kind of radio /TV/DVD or what not you have in there. The only way they will notice is if they are having to pry your cold fingers off the steering wheel AND the vehicle is still running AND playing the latest (insert favorite movie).

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to use a bypassed navigation system is be able to drive and watch movies without taking your attention off the road. Do that slowly until you are confortable using it. When the police pull you over, just before you pull over, you can change the source or pause the video and hold the adjust button till the screen goes dark.

I mainly watch movies on the highway and stream music using the MG-25 media player while in town.

To get around insurance company finding out that your navigation system is bypassed is to have an easy access to your handbrake wire bypass and be able to pull it off quickly to disable the bypass.

Remember you are innocent until found guilty. They [not you] have to prove it. The police may charge you a fine for the bypass but insurance cannot refuse the reimbursement.................

Not in civil court, where you'll end up after being involved in a major accident. All the other party has to prove is prepondernace of the evidence/51% vs the proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Personally, I'll do the bypass but I won't be watching any movies while driving either. More for my wife to watch when travelling.