AVIC411.com

Hiding your AVIC-Z1 in your car

I always have a folded circulat sun-screen that I use for dashboard in summer. When I park at unfamiliar places that I feel worried, I use the sun-screen to cover my dash and not the windsheild. I usually do that at night and I hope that is frustrating enough for a thief to even give up his curiosity.
Z1+Bluetooth+IPod+XM-NAV
it seems we should request some kind of "security measure" from pioneer to fix this... There SHOULD be a cover or something that can be used other than "ghetto riggin'" our cars. No offense to you guys that did make up covers, you guys are ahead of the game, it's not like there's anything else we can do. So great job for now, but shouldn't we all be a little worried about this? I mean, even your most basic CD players have removable faces and covers for them, let alone a $2,000 NAV unit...
Let's pool up and write them or something
  • 3 months later...
I have a 2004 toyota tundra dc and it originally had a double dim cd player for a head unit so what I did was take off the front face plate of the toyota head unit and cut off any thing I thouhgt might scratch the z1 screen and put some black felt over any parts that might scratch. and because the sides and top of the face plate have a 3/4 in lip it just hangs right on top of the z1. so looking through my window it looks like the crappy toyota cd player. I also got a compustar something something am 1500 car alarm that has the lcd remote to tell me if I am getting robbed. which works pretty good once in a while the wind or a chopper thats piped will set it off but not too often.
I have a 2006 Mustang GT and the Shaker 500 system and I pulled off the plastic face plate and it sits right on top of the Z1 screen and look stock. In the daylight you could figured it out if you spent some time looking but at night it is pretty tought to tell.
Easy Just get a two way paging alarm and make it obvious I lived in a place were everything got stolen even with a security guard and got my car broken into twice they took cheep stereos and alot of cds but as soon as i got my two way things stoped getting stolen.

And then do what I did make your alarm go off every once in a while so that they are awere that there is security for your car.
[quote name="howarmat"]Almost all states allow a %. You can have the shop go darker usually too. I don't know of anyone who actually got a ticket for it either.

Here is the state by state breakdown:

[url=http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html]http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html[/url]

MI seems like you can do just about any %.[/quote]

I got a ticket and had to have mine removed. I have factory tint of NOTHING practically, but their tintometer thang said I was running at 17%. I didn't put the aftermarket tint on. I bought the truck used from a dealership that way. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.
[quote name="mrbrent"]I have a 2006 Mustang GT and the Shaker 500 system and I pulled off the plastic face plate and it sits right on top of the Z1 screen and look stock. In the daylight you could figured it out if you spent some time looking but at night it is pretty tought to tell.[/quote]

I got a faceplate from a broken mach 460 head unit and made a faceplate for my 02 mustang just like you ;) it's nearly impossible to tell unless you're sitting in the front seat.