AVIC411.com

D3 Good buy ?

Hello,

I have done some homework on the Avic-d3 and im liking what I see, but to be honest, I dont know if it is truly the right buy for me. I wanna be able to listen to music, and if need be go to nav without having to stop what im doing on the unit. Also i hear there are some problems with the nav, which blows cause that is a big reason why this appeals to me. Im either looking to get the d3 or wait a year and save some money and get the z2. Any opinions out there on this product that I can get would be great.

Thank you,

Forret

:D

Nice, Z2 does have some better qualities to it, but then again nothing perfect, besides for both you have to pay for the extra features anyways. I have an ipod so the D3 should be a good buy. The D4 if you say is coming out soon, then I should wait to see what price where looking at, and what features are coming with it. The D3 looks to be a good buy, I found a good price on one as well, so I would prolly get it with in the next month.

The cheapest I've seen the D3 is $599 shipped (http://www.everyprice.com/item.asp?item ... YAodkSyOpw). But then you need to buy your accessories (iPod adapter, steering wheel control, harness/cage, etc. I'd get the accessories on eBay.

I think for ~$700 for total, it's a helluva deal. I agree, get an iPod/Sattelite Radio so you can toggle between NAV and your music with no interruption. Think about it.......copying your music (MP3s) to CD/DVD is old skewl. Why not just keep it on one place, your iPod, and take it wherever you go? This is why the single DVD slot works fine.

Yeah, I got an ipod to go with my D3, and it's just so much easier and convenient that using disks. It's a hell of a lot easier to find the songs I'm looking for, too. And it holds a hell of a lot more music than any disk can, even a dual layer DVD full of MP3's (which takes forever to browse through if you're looking for a specific song).

Also, since the NAV disk is always in the dick drive, I've got navigation whenever I need it.

D3 - $800 (guessing at average price)

ipod - $250

ipod cable - $30

So for a total of around $1130 you get a head unit that goes seamlessly from navigation to playing up to 80 gigabytes of music and/or videos.

And for an extra $100, you can get an ipod with twice that capacity.

It's a pretty damn good deal, if you ask me. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Thanks for the help guys, I have an Ipod that I use often but its the 30gb so im thinking of upgrading soon. The interface for the Ipod I heard is damn good, and I know the nav system for the d3 has to be good, I mean its pioneer.

I was looking at the N4 last night, and I just noticed that there wasnt much of a difference, other than one is a flip out screen and u pay the extra like 300 for that, so i found it to be pointless.

Thanks for the help.. looking to buy mine soon.

Look at it this way, spend whats a decent amount of cash for what you'll need to get the job done. The D3 does more than you'll need and in five years, maybe less, the D3, 2, N series and so on will all be worth the same, Nothing. Dropping money on electronics, cars, etc, is a lose lose deal. So save your cash dude, I have the D3, iPod video with 1 thousand songs, 110 movies, and still plenty room, Xm, and nevered had to take out my Nav disc. Stick with the D3 and save your money for gifts for the kids, X-mas is coming. My advise.

Pull the trigger!

I have had mine for a month. and LOVE IT!

Installed the AVIC-D3 w/ BTB200, iPod and Boyo VTL-400 rear view camera. Actually started looking because my truck has terrible blind spot when backing up, so I wanted a rear view camera. As others have said using the ipod work great. The BT phone interface is as good as any OEM kit plus its fully integrated and easier to install. The Nav has some quirks - I dont like that it list all the streets for a 4 state area in my case. For ex, I can only imagine what searching for 101 Main ST would list! But that could just be my lack of knowledge on how to use it. I get most of my D3 Nav training behind the wheel :oops: - oh and absolutely do the Bypass!

Looks great - works great - sounds great IMHO

Keep your 30g ipod and just sync it every now and then to keep it current, but keep it plugged in your car all the time and hide it in your glove box or somewhere hidden. That way you don't have to keep plugging in and out. It's better than having a external hdd because the ipod control interface is so good.