AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 - Sirius vs XM

I am not asking about the content or service... just the interface.

I have the Sirius interface installed on my D3 and it sucks! It is not intuitive and to find out any information you need to hit buttons repeatedly.

Has anyone seen the XM interface in comparison? Is it better?

:?:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the answers to the following:

1) Can you have both XM and SIRIUS connected to the D3?

2) If I already have the Sirius unit installed, do I need access to the back of my head unit to install the XM tuner with NavTraffic?

3) Is the NAVTraffic good and is it free?

Does anyone know the answers to the following:

1) Can you have both XM and SIRIUS connected to the D3?

yes, you can piggyback the tuner modules.

2) If I already have the Sirius unit installed, do I need access to the back of my head unit to install the XM tuner with NavTraffic?

No, you should be able to plug the XM tuner into the sirius tuner's IP-BUS input.

3) Is the NAVTraffic good and is it free?

I don't know...

I live in Montgomery County, MD as well. And If you're taking 270 or 495 during rush hour, no amount of NavTraffic info is gonna help you... Because once you enter hell there is no escape.

I agree with you about rush hour, no amount of nav traffic is going to help with rush hour.

However when 355 a major artery in Montgomery County is jammed I would expect an alert regarding it on my nav traffic. Another example, it's Saturday and I am heading on 270 / 495 / 267 to dulles ariport, there is an accident on 495 @ river road, there is no alert, I don' t find out about it till I am stuck in traffic on the 270 spur. The accident was old because it's cleared by the time I get there. All the alerts I see are on the south side of the beltway. The coverage is spotty at best and rarely applys to me.

Navtraffic is in it's infancy as a technology and services.

I am not asking about the content or service... just the interface.

I have the Sirius interface installed on my D3 and it sucks! It is not intuitive and to find out any information you need to hit buttons repeatedly.

Has anyone seen the XM interface in comparison? Is it better?

:?:

just to let you know being an installer at a local shop in CT and mecp qualified, dei makes the sirius interfaces. pioneer makes the xm. so of course pioneer dosent want really anything to do with sirius and they control how well the sirius units will work pretty much.

Curious to the following:

1) Can I hook up both SIRIUS and XM? I like the traffic feature of XM but can't be without Howard Stern and other unedited content of Sirius? Do I need to by the AV adapter?

2)If I can get, XM, Sirius? Does that mean I am going to have three antennas? I have an 07 Mercedes, so two will be fine, but I am curious about the placement of the third.

3)How well does the Bluetooth work with Blackberry's? I was going to go with Alpine, but after reading the horrible reviews the D-3 is better all around. I have the Blackberry Curve 8300

1. Yes you can have both. You don't need to buy any adaptor

2. Yes. I would put the sat radio antennas on the roof for the best reception

Curious to the following:

1) Can I hook up both SIRIUS and XM? I like the traffic feature of XM but can't be without Howard Stern and other unedited content of Sirius? Do I need to by the AV adapter?

2)If I can get, XM, Sirius? Does that mean I am going to have three antennas? I have an 07 Mercedes, so two will be fine, but I am curious about the placement of the third.

3)How well does the Bluetooth work with Blackberry's? I was going to go with Alpine, but after reading the horrible reviews the D-3 is better all around. I have the Blackberry Curve 8300