AVIC411.com

Ferris Wheel after Z2 Upgrade

I searched the forum for "Ferris Wheel" before I asked this question.

I just upgraded my Z1 to a Z2. As I was driving through town with the map set to 3D dual view, I all of a sudden saw this HUGE ferris wheel icon on my map that had never been there before.

It was 3-5 time larger that any map icon I have ever seen before and was animated. I had to find out what it represented and when I got to the spot, it was an indoor go-cart track.

I have never seen one of these huge icons before (I drive near that site every day). I do not have the map set up to display any POI except my bank, gas station and Starbucks.

Can someone explain this monstor icon? (see photo)

post-13607-12872753242155_thumb.jpg

This is totally on the up-n-up...I can take more photos, but they would just look the same.

By the way - I have been on this site for well over a year...I just got deleted due to inativity and re-registered.

Don

I've been a member for a total of a couple of months....learned alot...and got me passed the install with ease....

I'd still like to see that firmware version pic :D

Found this on the "What's New in Z2"

3D Landmark Icons and Updated POI Icons - The AVIC-Z2's graphic map interface features 3D landmark icons for airports, amusement parks, golf courses, stadiums, and zoos. POI icons appear on the map en route, making it easy to identify the locations closest to your path.

Wonderful...sigh...I get to see a HUGE farris wheel every morning and every night (unless someone knows how to turn that off).

the only time I've seen that, was in a blog about a new Avic that was released(or going to be) in Japan....AVIC-HRZ009G I believe...

avic-hrz009g1.jpg

HRZ009G_2.jpg

If noone else has seen it(I haven't), can we get a firmware version pic?

I hope the Z3 can have 3D building ICONS and full screen view of the 3D mode.

Wonderful...sigh...I get to see a HUGE farris wheel every morning and every night (unless someone knows how to turn that off).

See the manual, page 48:

3D Landmark

You can select whether to display the 3D

Landmark on the map.

❒ 3D Landmark only appears when the view

mode is [3D Twin Map View] and the

map scale is set to 0.25 mile (200 m) or

lower.

On*:

Displays the 3D Landmark on the map.

Off:

Hides the 3D Landmark on the map.