AVIC411.com

refurbished Z2 units on eBay

As the title states, has anyone had bad experiences with buying a refurbished unit on eBay?

I am looking to buy one as a Christmas present & don't want to get screwed.

Also have been reading some reviews with returns. Have experience with a unit going bad within a year for whatever reason?

I bought a refurb Z1 unit and purchased a 2 year warranty via SquareTrade. I've read over what's covered and seems like a good deal at $150 for something that costs nearly $1000. If it cannot be fixed they give you a full refund of your purchase price. I can't see anything drastically going wrong with a head unit that sits in your car (except for software or motor issues with the LCD)

I get mine installed next week so hopefully everything is good with it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bought my refurb unit from electronicsoutlet.com (ebay seller) Unit arrived with no issues.

I used these guys a few times, I live near them and pick it up. Their items are brown boxed refurbs directly from pioneer and still sealed from pioneer.

They also sell new, for more of course...

I bought:

Avic z2

GEX-P10XMT(xm with navtraffic)

CDIB100II (ipod connector)

XDV-P6 (6dvd changer)

I HIGHLY recommend them.

Bought my refurb unit from electronicsoutlet.com (ebay seller) Unit arrived with no issues.

I bought a refurb unit from electronicsoutlet.com also. I brought it to get it installed and when the installer turned it on it did not work. I email electronicsoutlet and no problem, they sent me another unit and it seems to be working fine. I highly recomend them if you buy a refurb.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a referb from electronicsoutlet also and it works great. They are reputable and shipped it out very fast. BUT, BEWARE Other sellers, the first time I ordered a new one from a different seller, I never received it! The thing to do is - as someone else advised - check the feedback. Also look at the lower right and see what the "Check how you're protected" banner says. You are looking for "Up to $2,000 in buyer protection", if it says "$200" or less that you are paying, move on to another auction.

Happy bidding! I love my AVIC-Z2.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a few smaller-ticket refurb items from hifiaudioonline (i think thats their username). Each one offered the squaretrade warranty too. They had a Z1 and Z2 for sale as well, and the warranty was only $100 on the $800-900 sale price. Not bad, imo, but I went with a new D3 instead.