AVIC411.com

Just finished install, couple iPhone issues

I just finished install of my D3x w/ bluetooth, ipod and remote. Install took about 5 hours to totally finish, bypass works perfect. I have an unlocked iPhone with software version 1.1.1. I cant update the phone without locking it so I am stuck with ,this firmware. The problems I am facing are the iPhone will not auto-connect. I have to unpair, then pair again and enter the password(0000) to get it to connect. The setting in the menu is to auto connect, tried to turn it off and then back on with no change.

The other issue is no video on the ipod. Sorry if these issues have been addressed, I did a search with no luck finding any answers.

Thanks for help!

did you register the phone after it's been connected? most of the time my iphone works great, sometimes it takes a few min to autoconnect. the phonebook and log do not work for me, however the battery and signal bars do.

The phonebook is no big deal, if it would connect I would be happy. I went to the "register phone" tab on the menu and found 4 or 5 blank spaces that would not let me edit them. I would tap on the edit tab and it would just blink and do nothing.

Have you guys tried streaming music to the d3 via bluetooth with the iphone?

I mean how does that work if you have both the iphone adapter and blue tooth engaged with it?

I am not even sure what the BT music device mode is on the d3.

So no other issues with the iphone and this unit? If you do hook it up via the ipod cable, the d3 controls it with no issues?

Thanks, obviously im looking at getting one and I don't want any complications if im goin gto buy a 400 dollar phone and it doesn't work in my 1k dollar sound system.