AVIC411.com

THE LAST D3 BYPASS THREAD

Man this bypass looks so easy and to the point. The one thing that everyone forgot to take into consideration, is that not everyone is using the standard wire harness that comes with the avic-d3. Some of us must use a aftermarket harness in order to install. For example.... a 2002 highlander does not have the same connections that came in the box. Therefor had to purchase a harness kit which does not have the same color wires and or "free" slots.

So i guess my question is... has anyone used the bypass on a harness other than the provided one.? Which once again look so easy to do if the provided wires are there.

Anyways... Thanks for any reply that is helpful.

i'm not sure why even on any car you'd not be using the harness that comes with the D3?

i think you're confusing where the wiring is. this wiring mod is done COMPLETELY on the parts that come with the D3. the harness in discussion here is the harness that has the wiring for the D3 itself.

it is irrelevant the wiring on the car itself to do this mod.

i did the bypass remove remote wire and ground parking brake wire but my radio is still picking up the parking brake. Its telling that the parking brake wire has been installed incorrect. But once i reset the radio it work again for a little bit so what can i do

YOu don't do anything with the remote wire. You remove the MUTE wire from it's location and move it to the slot above it. Then you ground that wire. Then you ground the wire that goes to the parking brake wire. The mute wire is yellow and black and the parking brake wire is light green.

• 4 weeks later...

The bypass works for me for a little while; the next time i start up my car i get an 'improper parking brake lead connection' warning and the bypass of course does not work. If I reset the D3, it will work agian (with no parking brake warning appearing), then the next time I start my car, the same thing happens... parking brake wire warning appears and no bypass.

I checked and double checked all of my splices. Is this happening to anyone else??

• 2 years later...

ok i did it with the switch that i still had in the car from my other radio bypass and it worked.

Hello Everyone. I have had my D3 for 2 months and have had a few issues with what i believe is the bypass. I installed a rearview camera to the rca connection and attached the reverse sensor wire to my wire for reverse light so when i put the ignition in reverse it would pop up everytime.

One major problem, I could not use all my navigation options (greyed out) once i did this. I could go to recent destinations and see the map. I could not search or see nearby gas stations etc.

So i cut the wire for the reverse sensing and now I have my navigation back which works great (actually ordering 2009 discs today too).

But every time I start my truck I get the back up camera and if I put it in reverse it snaps to it but if i choose map or radio I cannot use my rearview camera until I turn the truck off and on again(which is stupid for parallel parking and so on)

I plan on doing this bypass but I am not sure what it is doing for me. I would like the hook up a switch for the camera to come on, so hook a 12v source up to the reverse sensing wire with a switch.

Any help would be amazing I am getting frustrated but this site seems full of good solutions!!