AVIC411.com

I got the internet up and running on my Z1

Well over the weekend I figured Id do something constructive. So I had the idea of adding internet to my Z1. first i had a laptop i bought in 2006. Took it apart to remove the button that makes the computer blank out when closed. Next I pluged a S-video cable converter to RCA video(yellow). ran the headphones into a RCA splitter (red/white). Also got the verizon usb network internat card. Plugged into my AV input of Z1. Bought a wireless keyboard w/ built in finger mouse square, then plugged the reciever part into a usb extension wire that was hidden in my vent for optimal reception to the keyboard, since my lap top was installed under my passenger seat. The laptop is powered by a hard wired inverter. Now I can drive around get on ebay, myspace, and AVIC411.com.....lol. I love it and so does my passengers, even the ones in the back seat who can see the net on their screens as well.

at first i was like WTF, how did this programming god pull this off?! But then realized you were just outputting a laptop to the screen. Booo.

It'd be cool if Pioneer had a native news/stock/email/weather client that could connect via a tethered bluetooth cell phone. God...they have the hardware to do all sorts of cool stuff, just so lazy!

The portable they announced at CES has MSN direct which provides all the things you want. Maybe it will make it into the other models soon

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/pion ... l-of-ipod/

It'd be cool if Pioneer had a native news/stock/email/weather client that could connect via a tethered bluetooth cell phone. God...they have the hardware to do all sorts of cool stuff, just so lazy!

at first i was like WTF, how did this programming god pull this off?! But then realized you were just outputting a laptop to the screen. Booo.

well i have the btb200 on my d3 and I programmed 1-800-555- TELL

(1-800-555-8355) to my preset numbers on the bluetooth list.

now i have all sports, weather, stocks, news, etc (alot of stuff) on command through my speakers.

ALL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!! of coarse excluding airtime.

just dial the number and follow the menu voive commands.

the cool thing about that number is that it has voice guided menus. so you can say what you want and the automated chick voice, will get what you want.

TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i have the btb200 on my d3 and I programmed 1-800-555- TELL

(1-800-555-8355) to my preset numbers on the bluetooth list.

now i have all sports, weather, stocks, news, etc (alot of stuff) on command through my speakers.

TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH... GREAT SERVICE!

told you fellas.......

i gave my idea its own thread and some "A" hole called it "SPAM" an thought i was Telemarketer.

like we say in spanish.....

"Que se Valla a la VERGA".

Translate that. :D

hey big floppy, pretty stock huh.....all the info you want at the command of your voice.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and i hope you werent being sarcastic :?

I was dreamin up a new Iphone/Ipod Touch adapter that mirrored the Iphone/Touch's touchscreen onto the Avic's....would cover everyone's issues with the current Ipod interface and browsing music...you could even have the coverflow...video..weather and stock widgets....etc...

Then I dream'ed up a 3G Iphone for when WiFi wasn't present....

I guess I dream too much...

I have been trying to think and look around myself to connect my XV6700 phone from Verizon to my Z2 via A/V cables. If this would be possible then I would also be able to have the internet on the Z2 but more importantly I would be able to have Slingbox on the Z2 and be able to watch TV. This would solve that whole 2009 DTV thing and no DTV tuners from pioneer yet problem. Any suggestions?