AVIC411.com

First off if somone were to rob me while i'm home it would be 2 in the chest and one in the head. We also don't live in the day where its that easy to sue people for bullshit anymore. I can say "I needed some spacers and all I had was razor blades but figured it would be no big deal since nobody should be stealing my HU anyway." I'd also have a little warning sticker somewhere in the car.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off if somone were to rob me while i'm home it would be 2 in the chest and one in the head. We also don't live in the day where its that easy to sue people for bullshit anymore. I can say "I needed some spacers and all I had was razor blades but figured it would be no big deal since nobody should be stealing my HU anyway." I'd also have a little warning sticker somewhere in the car.

lmao. spacers?? ok guy see how that flies in court along with your murder charge cuz of a $1,000 unit. jus get it insured, and save at least 25 years of ur life.

Hmmm, why don't you just pay a few bucks more a year to add aftermarket equipment coverage to your insurance and lower your comprehensive deductible to something like $50. If somebody breaks into your car, you won't have to spend time in jail and pay heavy civil fines for cutting his fingers off, not to mention the expense of replacing your carpet and who wants to handle their AVIC once it's covered with the blood of somebody who might be infected with AIDS? If they want it that bad, let 'em have it. Pay $50 deductible for a new (and current if you happen to have a Z1 or Z2), and a new window. Not a bad deal for an upgraded unit with full warranty if you ask me...

• 2 weeks later...

did you know that if you have a pitbull butno beware of dog sign, and that pitbull rips the criminal a new one, you can get sued?

It's actually the opposite here in CA. If you put up "beware of dog" signs you are stating that you are aware that your dogs are dangerous. It is then extremely easy for any defense lawyer to prove that fact. Then it opens the door for huge awards.

I tell all my clients to take down the signs and I'd recommend for you to also.

If they want it that bad, let 'em have it. Pay $50 deductible for a new (and current if you happen to have a Z1 or Z2), and a new window. Not a bad deal for an upgraded unit with full warranty if you ask me...

I like that.. 'Upgrade Insurance" Not at bad way to look at it.. Hey thefs. come and get mine.... Pleaaase...

• 2 months later...

did you know that if you have a pitbull butno beware of dog sign, and that pitbull rips the criminal a new one, you can get sued?

It's actually the opposite here in CA. If you put up "beware of dog" signs you are stating that you are aware that your dogs are dangerous. It is then extremely easy for any defense lawyer to prove that fact. Then it opens the door for huge awards.

I tell all my clients to take down the signs and I'd recommend for you to also.

Well here in NY, if you dont have a sign, you can get sued. It's happened many times.

So now, you can get sued for having a sign, and sued for not. What has this country come to where the victims become bigger victims...Your house gets broken into, and if your guard dog does its job, it'll cost you more than if they just took what they wanted!

If this were the 70's then yes itd be informative but nowadays when you can be sued for pronouncing somebodys damn name wrong, none of these techniques would fly.

• 2 months later...
:evil: when my dad was young they used to tape razor blades all around the cage of the units or where ever you have to put your hands to get at it

then if you get robbed chances are the thief will be cut really bad so look around the neihborhood for a kid with tapped up fingers and pound him then call the popo laughing at him it works wonders trust me i had these thieves that kept breaking into my soda machine, so i tried this and tapped bn razor blades where they were putting thier hands in to pry it and sure enough one morning thier was blood everywhere and guess what i didnt get robbed and havnt been since i was robbed 4 times in a row, so this time i won i hope it cut them good too i hate scumbag thieves who take stuff that people work hard to buy!!!! :evil::evil::mrgreen:

LMAO!!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think people understand the court system...

You are talking about civil and criminal courts.

One person can sue another person for ANYTHING. Most systems have rules concerning frivolous lawsuits, but they are rarely enforced. And ANY TIME a person is injured, you can expect a civil action.

There is also the criminal aspect of injuring another person. I would suggest you SERIOUSLY consider doing some research before placing razor blades anywhere as a security measure.

I can tell you from experience that if you seriously hurt or kill another person EVEN IF you were justified... you will have at least one if not two long, drawn out and expensive court battles ahead of you.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
BREAK INTO MY HOUSE WHILE I`M HOME?,

THAT THEIF IS GONNA GET SHOT DEAD IN THE HEAD.

Exactly. Perfectly legal, and they can't sue if they're dead.

you Americans and your guns... lol

I don't know where you are basstoy but not long ago I heard a story on the news about a Brit man living out in the countryside that had his house robbed several times. The guy got a shotgun (brits ain't supposed to have no guns, not the way I usually speak but sounded good for this situation) and shot the burgular. Guess what, the guy went to jail for shooting the bugular.

This world is crazy and we the people need to put some sanity back into it. Thieves should not have many rights. They especially should not have the right to sue someone because they got hurt while being a thief.

• 1 month later...

so why should we pay twice for our gear then?

i mean the victim ends up having no rights.

how is it that a thief can enter our property and take whatever he wants and then sue us for breaking his leg, even though he is tresspassing and not supposed to be there in the first place.

is that even legal to make a law like that?

i know exactly why

because the criminal has not much to loose and he got bigger balls to fight for himself even though hes wrong but he dont give a faq so hell do whatever necessary to stay afloat or buy some crack.

the average decaf drinkin american joe has lost its ability to defent himself in fear of loosing his material stuff

or getting out of his comfort zone to protect his rights.

so hes getting pounded in the tailpipe by lawmakers and criminals because they are still able to get what they want and take risks.

regardless of where you stand financially and socially the game is the same, like on the discovery channel the monkey with biggest hands and fastest swing, and sharper teeth gets all the girls and all the food and gets to sit on the highest rock watching over the pack.

the only difference with humans we evolved and the game is at a waay higher level and with many more tricks at each level to confuse the players.