AVIC411.com

WHAT IS THE MAKE OR MODEL OF YOUR FIRST CAR?.....THAT WAS THE QUESTION I CAN PUT IT IN A LONG TIME AGO AND CANT REMEMBER....PLEASE HELPPPPPP......

That's what I thought -- there's no way this is actually yours. Chances are you either stole it or got it from someone who did. Sad really.

And for the record, there is no way to bypass the anti-theft password. I only asked what the question was to prove my point. If it was yours, you'd know the answer.

If you do in fact have proof of purchase, then I take it all back. Feel free to send it in to Pioneer, with proof of purchase, and they'll basically reflash it with their own special tools.

SORRY TO DISAPPOINT U BUT I DIDNT STEAL THIS RADIO I HAVE IT INSTALLED IN MY HONDA ACCORD AND THE PROBLEM IS I THINK I MIGHT HAVE MISSPELLED IT OR PUT IN A TRICK ANSWER AND TRULY DONT REMEMBER...I BOUGHT THIS RADIO FROM BEST BUY BACK IN THE SUMMER AND SOMEONE WAS FIXING MY CAR AND MUST HAVE RESET THE WHOLE RADIO CAUSE WHEN I WENT TO PICK IT UP THE MESSAGE WAS THERE WASNT ANY DISC OR COULDNT READ THE DISK AND WHEN I CALLED PIONEER THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO PULL THE RADIO OUT AND SEND IT OUT TO THEM...WHY WOULD I STEAL A RADIO....WOMP WOMP WOMP GROW UP...

Damn Julius now I feel really poor. I am 33 and my first car was a 72 Catalina, lol.

As for karma being a MOFO, maybe he should watch "my name is earl" he would learn.

STOP YELLING, get rid of the caps, man that is annoying. Well you got your answer didn't you. Pull the radio out and send it in. Your not scared that the id numbers are already registered under a different name at Pioneer are you???

Let's end this. I don't care how you got it. Maybe you stole it, maybe you diddn't.

Either way, There's NO WAY to bypass the anti-theft lockout. It's built into the firmware and no amount of soldering, wiring, or button mashing is going to change that.

Pioneer needs to reflash the unit. If you can prove to them it's yours, call them up and send it in. If you cannot do that, you're screwed. Period.

Wow. I just set the security question for mine yesterday using this same question. I hope I put in the right car :shock: I'm severely ****ed if I get amnesia, though :?

Oh wait! My wife and members of my immediate family would know what my first car was...so I'm safe. :lol:

If you are going to set a password, write down not only the password, but also the answer to the security question in your user's manual. Keep the manual in your house somewhere. That way, if you need it, you will have it. And if you sell the unit, give them the owner's manual as well, so they will have it for when they hook it up. That way the only people who will have anything to worry about would be thieves.

And yeah, if you don't have the password or the answer to the security question, you will HAVE TO send it to Pioneer WITH proof of ownership or there's nothing that can be done.