AVIC411.com

How you turn off the AVIC-D3

Ok so I put this thing in my truck and started it up, it turns on by itself and boots the nav DVD no problems ... screens look geat ... sounds great, very nice system.

OK so am I missing something? I go to the AV menu and touch the place where it says "OFF" and ok it shuts off ... but the time of day stays on in the upper left corner which I dont mind all that much but I notice the screen has these ever so slight lines going across it, so the backlight is still on ... is there a button to just shut it down to a completely black screen no time or nothing on it ... are the ever so slight lines on the background of the screen normal once you touch "off"

Or am I not shutting it off correctly ... can you just touch some other key or knob to just shut it off faster rather than using the screen or some other trick?

Also is it normal that it just comes on every time I start my truck? even when I had turned it to "off" when I shut my vehicle off?

Again maybe I am a moron but I just cant find anything on this, thanks for any reply.

I thought there were two different settings. One for "OFF" and one for "Screen OFF" :?

The faint lines are the OEM background...$h!tty as it may be. However, I've changed my bg and I don't get anything but a blank screen when it's off.

OFF = No audio/video source in use. Nav still runs and voice prompts continue if a route is selected.

SCREEN OFF = screen off. Nav still runs, voice prompts still come though, whatever audio/video source that was in use continues to run and/or play (but of course you won't see any video because the screen is off). Basically everything runs as usual, but the screen is blanked out.

Great Thanks Guys

I was just a little worried about those lines on the "off" screen, looks sort of like the screen is messed up ... who knows why they would include those tapestry like screen lines when the screen goes black ... perhaps i'll try to change the background to get rid of it ... when you changed the background did the "time" go away as well? ... because I already have a clock built in right about the radio in my truck it looks kind of well stupid.

Can someone link me real quick to an easy way to upload or change the background?

I had done the bypass that I got off here to begin with and it works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

If you put the switch on the B+(yellow)wire then yes you would lose your settings.HiFiSi is saying,put the switch on the ACC(red)wire.Then when you flick the switch to off it will behave as if you cut the ignition switch off and only your unit will cut off and retain your settings.