AVIC411.com

RIPPING MUSIC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're only able to "rip" music from audio CD to the Z1/2/3. This means you cannot use Mp3's on CD or dvd, nor can you rip from an "audio DVD."

Besides iTunes, I'm not aware of any other applications that burn CD-text to disc. And since it's so easy, I in fact recommend iTunes, even though it does tend to seem a bit daunting to those used to winamp styles quick-players.

Once you've got iTunes installed and you're library setup, make sure you're burning options are set properly. Click through Edit, Preferences, Advanced, Burning, and make sure you have "Audio CD" and "include CD Text" selected.

Then just go in to your Library, create a playlist, add your songs, and burn that playlist to audio CD. with the burn button in the bottom right. Load the disc into your Z and it should come up perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...
You know, I wonder if that limit is there only because there's only enough folders to hold that many songs. Has anyone tried adding folders to their partitions and going over the limit? :?:

What is weird is that it looks like there is enough room (folders) for 1000 albums, but there is the 400 albums limit.

I have verified the 400 artist limit, but I haven't reached 400 albums yet.

When you get to 400 artists you can still load albums, but the new artists won't show up in artist mode.

I got to more artists than albums because of compilation albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Would this work? I KNEW I saw something a few months ago when I was researching new head units...I went and looked again and found it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cUeN6lIsa1 ... 130CDUB100

It's a USB adapter for a Pioneer radio. Does anyone know if it works with the Z-series? I guess I could just call Crutchfield, but I thought maybe someone here would know.

Would this work? I KNEW I saw something a few months ago when I was researching new head units...I went and looked again and found it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cUeN6lIsa1 ... 130CDUB100

It's a USB adapter for a Pioneer radio. Does anyone know if it works with the Z-series? I guess I could just call Crutchfield, but I thought maybe someone here would know.

Just spoke to Adam at Crutchfield (I didn't know they have a chat) and he told me it would work with my Z2. He also said it will NOT take the iPod connection...his quote:

The UB100 has a pass through you can use so you will still have a spare port.

NICE!