AVIC411.com

Verizon Phones which works best with BT200

The problem with Verizon is that they change the profiles on the same phones. Someone suggested the Samsung u740 and said it worked great for them. I tried it and couldn't auto connect. when I called Verizon and spoke to a level 3 tech support manager (not that he knew much) he said that they changed the features and that phone no longer auto connects.

I am ready to buy any phone. worst case I'll jump ship to ATT.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Juke works well. I haven't tried using it as a bluetooth music player yet, but as a phone it rocks.

I had to follow the instructions in the D3 manual, not the Bluetooth module manual. For some reason I found the Bluetooth module's directions more confusing (it could just be me).

I did have to tinker a bit. There was a series of connecting/registering/disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting until I got the phonebook transfer to work. However, it did, and it rocks. The D3 recognizes my phone as soon as the car is started (and I keep the unit in my pocket).

The one thing that stinks is that when I try to voice dial, the car's microphone won't assist me. I need to use the phone itself to voice dial. I'll play with the settings another time, but as of now it looks like that's the one thing that stinks.

I've got the Verizon/UT Starcom xv6700 (which I think has been replaced by the 6800) running Windows Mobile 5.0 & JetWare Mobile (doesn't work without it) and it works fine as a phone (auto-connects). I haven't tried hard to get the voice dialing and phonebook to come over. The music doesn't work at all but I have an Ipod so it's not a big deal. I'm in the market for a new phone so I'll keep an eye on this thread (it's a work phone and we use Verizon).

I'm using the LG VX8350 with my system and it works great. Auto-connect and disconnect work perfectly. The only thing that sucked is I had to add my phonebook entries one at a time. Other than that, so far, so good.

If you don't mind me asking how did you get it to work. I have the VX8350 also and everytime I try to connect my phone says "device out of range or powered off." Any help would be great.

SpecialFX,

Thanks for your Verizon V9m update. I still do not know if it is worth purchasing the bluetooth module though. When you get in your car...it autoconnects each time without pushing any buttons? Maybe I should wait until the bluetooth module goes on clearance...

If you don't mind me asking how did you get it to work. I have the VX8350 also and everytime I try to connect my phone says "device out of range or powered off." Any help would be great.

I just followed the directions in the bluetooth adapter manual. Make sure you turn the bluetooth mode on on your phone first. When you go to the bluetooth menu on your phone hit the "Options" button in the lower right corner. Once you're there, then hit "Discovery Mode". At this point you need to go to the head unit and try to connect to the phone.

Just follow the directions, it worked for me.

The i760 can work with the BT adapter. I know, because mine works.

Google Pioneer Bluetooth i760 and one of the first links is to a forum pdasomething where there's a link to an app that will modify the i760 so it'll work with the Pioneer.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the Motorola Q9M.

Auto connect works just fine. I had to enter the phone book one at a time. The voice dialing has the same problem as I've seen everyone had. An extended battery or car charger is almost a must with this phone, because the bluetooth drains the battery horribly. An added plus with this phone is you can use it as a bluetooth audio player as well.

I have the Blackberry pearl 8130 from VZW...I was able to pair them up fine...I had to make my phone discoverable and used the search button on my D3 to find the phone...I was unable to use my phone to find the D3 (weird)...but whatever...As far as sending my phonebook, I was able to send all of my contacts in one shot (not one, by one) to my D3. I ended up following some post on this site that had detailed instructions on how to do it with a VZW phone...

WHere did you find a site that had detailed INst. on phone transfer?

Thanks

I have a LGVX9900 (enV) and it works almost flawless...

When I first hooked up the bluetooth it worked great but then didnt connect a few times when i got in the car. Now it seems to be fine and with correct placement of the mic it sounds great people say.

• 1 month later...
The problem with Verizon is that they change the profiles on the same phones. Someone suggested the Samsung u740 and said it worked great for them. I tried it and couldn't auto connect. when I called Verizon and spoke to a level 3 tech support manager (not that he knew much) he said that they changed the features and that phone no longer auto connects.

I am ready to buy any phone. worst case I'll jump ship to ATT.

The u740 has worked pretty well for me. I switched from my Razr v3m which also worked pretty well. Both auto connected but I could only transfer the phone book with the u740. Every once in a while it will act up but I think that is the BT adapter more then the phone.