AVIC411.com

Bought an Ipod Gen 5th, you gotta love your local pawn shop

After buying ans testing the ipod classic on my D3 , never played videos :( I returned the ipod classic and went in a hunt at the local pawn shops to find a used ipod 5th or 5.5th gen.

After months of looking super scratches ipods on my local pawnshops, I decided today to visit one more close to my work.

I found a Black 5th gen iPod video with 60GB harddrive in good conditions for $171 out the door (almost ebay price), the battery was dead and I was on my lunch break, so I bought it and connect it to my D3, as soon it turned on it showed 1591 songs and I said nice, searched the videos over 20 videos from itunes.

For my surprise 1064 song were purchased from itunes, good ones too from country, hip pop, regaee, rock, latin etc etc. The videos also were purchsed from itunes at least 17 of them.

Fully loaded ipod for $171 battery is almost charged so it's good.

I know people who spend a fortune in songs on itunes , this guy or girl spend more than $1000 on songs and videos for what I can see.

PS: Hit your local pawnshop you my find a good 5th gen ipod cheap.

Nice deal, but just think about it. Someone out there has a broken window right now and is REALLY missing their iPod :roll:

I didn't want to say anything about it but, that was my first impression when I saw all those songs purchased. Sorry to say it's mine now I paid for it. hehe

you can still get a new 5th gen ipod from apple stores if you find the right person that will admit that they still have them. i recently fried mine. one of customers is an apple store manager, so i went to him and got a brand new one swapped for it. not a refurb. a brand new one

You guys are going to hate me, I found another great deal on another ipod on the other pawnshop close to my job, this one is the iTouch, damn this is a nice, almost spanking new just a small small scratch on the back, is a 8GB model paid for it $189+tax. I know it wont play videos on my D3 but this one is for my personal use. This one only had 2 songs in it

I connected the 60gb ipod to my pc and I have everything set to manual sync. I couldn't not play them in my PC but they're still on my ipod so is good, I just made a new playlist and added my own music.

60gb video gen 5th for the car

8gb itouch for me :D

post-13879-12872753977347_thumb.jpg

damn I shoulda thought of that. Im sure theres plenty of nice stolen ipods for cheap at pawn shops around here. My dumb ass bought an old one with the click wheel on ebay and it didnt work. I sent it back and got another one that didnt work. Now Im sending it back- hopefully 3rd times a charm.

You wouldnt want to sell one of yours would ya???

there was this huge rush of ipods at this pawn shop nearby. Really cheap.

brand new ipod nano's for nearly 1/2 price. I Thought they hhad to be stolen!!!!!

they weren't. everyone 100% legit, in the box. a lil research.

TD Bank branch in the next door mall was having a special "Create a cheque account and get a free Nano"

this TD so happened to be in a very scummy poor neighbourhood. Apparently a group of guys decided the best way for easy cash was sign up, get the nano and then pawn them.

The pawn shop had about a hundred of them. I didnt buy any myself, as i have my 60gb 5g