• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I have:

Opening splash screen:

1984-2008

Rel. 02/2008

Service Info Screen:

version 03.0000

cddb 08-01-0010 (only because I updated to this last night)

Hidden Component Vers Screen:

platform 3.000100

gps 1.200000

hdd 3.100200

Look good???

BTW - Thanks for the .pdf instructions bridge4d :cool:

Looks great to me.

Any chance that you're going to be the hero that shares? ;-);-)

I tried on Sunday, but my computer would not recognize the drive, so we figured that the Z1 locked it :???:

I have my stock drive in for duplicating and once that comes back I'll hook it up before it gets anywhere near the Z1 :) If it's recognized, I have no problem with uploading it.

I plan on providing it to a OP here, I will provide it to them via FTP. I'll snag some space off a work FTP, which I really dont want ALL of you hitting all day-night, no need to cause me grief. However, I know hyperite has the means to get it out, so he will be the guy I send it too, (Any other mod can PM me, he's just the only one that I have talked personally with). MAN its slow grabbing it via a usb to 2.5" drive convertor, but its going. I suspect the ops will be letting you all know the torrent by this time tomorrow.

Adios...

SepticDeath

I've got a 100mbps (really fast) connection here at work and can upload the image to Rapidshare if needed. I did this for people when the D1 Update DVD came out last year.

Let me know if you'd like me to help, I can login to my work from home tonight and do the downloading/uploading.

Rapidshare is a lot easier and quicker than torrents. Even if you don't have rapidshare, just go sign up for $7 for a month and grab the image.

Rapidshare might not be the way to go with files having to be split into 100MB chunks

total filesize is going to be somewhere near 10GB

lets use a newsgroup server! ... They are fast.

Stupid question - Do i have to sign up for that $45 site in order to unlock my z2 hard drive? Or is there ways around that to unlock the z2 hard drive?

damn, at that size, there really is no easy way to do it.

With programs like HJSplit to split the file up and Rapget to que up the files/links, it can be done.

The D1 DVD had to be split into about 40 or so chunks.

My offer stands if anyone is still interested.

Rapidshare might not be the way to go with files having to be split into 100MB chunks

total filesize is going to be somewhere near 10GB

lets use a newsgroup server! ... They are fast.

Stupid question - Do i have to sign up for that $45 site in order to unlock my z2 hard drive? Or is there ways around that to unlock the z2 hard drive?

I would, this way you can actually get into it, AND turn off the feature so that it doesnt lock up again, ODDS are, that even though you have the most current version now, that updates will be made available, and without it unlocked and permanantly set to not RElock, you wont be able to do the next round of updates, and judging my the rate at which they are releaseing these things (z3, then the new F series). You dont want to be locked out... do you... ;)

while Im sitting here getting ready to leave the office with this thing SLOWLY making the image, I was reading about using the used sector backup method (which only backs up used data), has anyone tried backing up the drives this way? I would think that its MUCH faster on a virgin image, right? cause its not backing up the zero bytes that the other method is doing?

Just curious...

SD