AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my hands on a virgin Z3 HD that came from a local retail store (NOT ebay). I have it unlocked and backing up now. I will upload it to Hyperite's FTP (with his permission) today.

Here is some info that I have found:

4 partiions (exact same size as Z1 and Z2)

It is a 40gb Toshiba vs the 30gb that came in the Z1 and Z2.

17.52gb for maps

572.8mb for system files

9.308gb for music

572.8 for personal files

The file structure appears to be identical to the Z1 and Z2. I will be testing to see if I can restore only the maps and system files onto my existing drive as I did before, and this would preserve my music library and personal phonebook, etc. All while still updating the system files to the Z3 OS and maps to 2008.

More to follow.

Please do not PM me for a copy of this image. It will be posted so that everyone has access.

I'll post more later today

Ouch, that is gonna take awhile. Good luck with the upload!

Hopefully you have a good pipe to upload it through.

5GB over cable modem is about 24 hours.

Thanks for sharing the image.

Getting a little over 500 KBS (hit or miss). We'll see how much smack I get from our network admin. They have me limited at 250 per connection, but I've got 2 machines going at the same time. :)

I have successfully restored the Z3 maps and service data partitions without loosing the music library, personal settings, and phonebook.

I am now uploading the the entire vz3 virgin image peices to hypertite's ftp server. It is almost 10gb, and will take about 20 hours to complete.

20 hours :shock:

its ezy to keep ur setting and music

only restore 2 partitions and you get to keep ur setting and music :cool:

joking :cool:

I have successfully restored the Z3 maps and service data partitions without loosing the music library, personal settings, and phonebook.

I am now uploading the the entire vz3 virgin image peices to hypertite's ftp server. It is almost 10gb, and will take about 20 hours to complete.

So is this image of the actual z3 image or is it just pieces to keep all the music & phonebook? :?:

It is a full Z3 virgin drive image (all 4 partitions) from an actual z3 40gb toshiba drive. The partitions only use 30gb of the 40gb drive, so the image will fit perfectly on a Z1 or Z2 drive.

When I stated "pieces" on my previous email, it is becuase I had acronis break the tib into 700mb "pieces".