AVIC411.com

Beats me, but if you have ever seen the screen Pioneer uses on the AVHP7800DVD, it looks worlds better than the Z series and it says WVGA on it. I would imagine that the F series uses the same screen as the 7800, only 1.2 inches smaller

You must mean 800 x 480 unless this is a portrait unit lol

Is it really that low tho? Thats less than the Z2... I was under the impression this was a smaller but higher res screen.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

480 X 800

Anyone know the screen's resolution? Says its WVGA but that is very vague.

You must mean 800 x 480 unless this is a portrait unit lol

Is it really that low tho? Thats less than the Z2... I was under the impression this was a smaller but higher res screen.

The Z2 specs say 1440 x 234 which is actually 480 x 234. They count the red, green, and blue pixels separate (480 x 3 = 1440). Bogus marketing if you ask me, but I am happy to see higher resolution displays coming to market. Assuming the 800 x 480 is correct, the F series would have a little over 3.4 times the resolution of the Z2.

Will it allow you match your dash colors.. like the D3? I have a Z2 and a D3 and I will be changing out for the new one...

Yes. There will also be a PC Program that will let you customize it further, save the profile to a SD Card, and load it onto the unit.

Will it also be possible to customize the icons/fonts? They should allow at least a subset of the interface icons to be changed. Is this possible with the current units apart from color customization?

Will it allow you match your dash colors.. like the D3? I have a Z2 and a D3 and I will be changing out for the new one...

Yes. There will also be a PC Program that will let you customize it further, save the profile to a SD Card, and load it onto the unit.

Will it also be possible to customize the icons/fonts? They should allow at least a subset of the interface icons to be changed. Is this possible with the current units apart from color customization?

Yes, I would also like to know more about the customizability program. Is it just for the POI or can you do custom icons, etc?

Yes, I would also like to know more about the customizability program. Is it just for the POI or can you do custom icons, etc?

Not 100% sure. I know you can customize the backgrounds and LED colors. Not sure if you can change the icons.

Not 100% sure. I know you can customize the backgrounds and LED colors. Not sure if you can change the icons.

I'm sure that it's probably going to end up just being for POI. Thinking about it, they probably would make a much bigger deal about it if we could customize the full UI. Though, from what I could see of the stock interface, I would not really want to change it anyway. Looks very slick.

I'm sure that it's probably going to end up just being for POI. Thinking about it, they probably would make a much bigger deal about it if we could customize the full UI. Though, from what I could see of the stock interface, I would not really want to change it anyway. Looks very slick.

I agree that the default interface is appealing to some (probably a lot) but these devices could be even more appealing if we could "tone" down some of the icons/fonts used so that the UI is not necessarily 'screaming' at you. For instance, it should be possible to convert all the non-critical UI icons (non-nav) to 2D and remove unneeded shadows. This could greatly improve useability for some folks. Just saying.

I agree that the default interface is appealing to some (probably a lot) but these devices could be even more appealing if we could "tone" down some of the icons/fonts used so that the UI is not necessarily 'screaming' at you. For instance, it should be possible to convert all the non-critical UI icons (non-nav) to 2D and remove unneeded shadows. This could greatly improve useability for some folks. Just saying.

Oh, trust me I would LOVE to customize the interface. The more ability, the better. I just thought that Pioneer has done an excellent job and that I would be hard pressed to make something better. Though, the interface with my current Kenwood, I KNOW that I could make better looking menus, buttons, etc. From what I can see so far, there does not seem to be any real skinning ability with the new F series. I am sure that they would have beaten the drum about it a lot if the capability was there. At this point, I'll just be happy to see the clean, factory looking PIO interface again. Mind you, I LOVE the iPod UI and Nav of the Kenwood 5120 that I have now, but the BT just plain sucks (sending it back) and it has numerous FW bugs that have been causing the iPod to freeze, dropped calls, long bootup times, no custom boot screen, lots of weird quirks.

For example, to turn on the subwoofer preout, i had to first put the unit in standby mode by going to the source screen, scrolling to the very bottom of empty buttons and putting it into standby in order to turn on preouts and change wallpapers. So right now, though the nav is killer and the iPod is fast, I can not wait to get back to a new and improved Pioneer nav. Especially with no more nav disks, SD slots, MSN Direct, and voice control. June can't come fast enough! I can't wait to see the manual on this thing for all the other little features that have not even been announced yet.