AVIC411.com

Ordering a Z1, I hope I get a "fixed" one.

Steve, if you get an older unit that can still be bypassed, I'm betting there are some guys here who would be willing to pay money to trade you for one of the new ones.

I still can't believe you are willing to front the funds to do this. WOW! Actually, I think we all should get together, throw some money in a pot, and give it to you to offset the price of the unit. Then you won't be in it anything and you can do whatever you need to to try and get into the flashed software without fear of ruining your unit and losing your investment. I'm up for $100. Anyone else?
Thanks, but I figured that what ever I got (old or new), I would be able to sell. Even if it was one of the new ones and even if I can't figure out the way to bypass it, I figured that eventually when I was done testing I could sell it (here) for 80% of what I paid for it at the very least. Or even have a raffle, maybe something like $50 for a 1 in 40 chance for a Z1 (never installed, just tested by me). I would make the money back and someone will get a Z1 for a really low price.

So worse comes to worse, I wouldn't be out that much. I don't need any donations at this time. Thank you for offering though.

Honestly if I can figure out something so that I have one circuit work with both old and new units, it's worth the money just to not have to deal with the support issues that are already arising.
Count me in for the raffle. Thanks again Steve for your willingness to further enhance this site. Whether or not things work out with this new unit, your past contributions to this site have been invaluable...and I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say this.
DB-Not sure if you saw my other post, but I've been told by someone that on the new units that there is a pin missing so instead of the 20 pins, it's actually only 19 or vice-versa. He said something about possibly grounding a wire for that blank pin. Sorry don't know anything about electrical stuff. He also said that behind the warranty sticker, there's a switch to flip that will bypass all the safety features. I don't know how true all of this, but it was what I was told...Of course I've been told that the new units aren't "fixed" either. Hope this can help in some way.
[quote name="no1butme99"]but I've been told by someone that on the new units that there is a pin missing so instead of the 20 pins, it's actually only 19 or vice-versa. He said something about possibly grounding a wire for that blank pin. [/quote]

Well I think he is talking about the N3. That's how you do that one. And the new Z1's do not seem to have any missing wires compared to the old ones.

[quote name="no1butme99"]He also said that behind the warranty sticker, there's a switch to flip that will bypass all the safety features. [/quote]

And, as far as I can tell, there is nothing behind a sticker. I was hoping for that as well, but no luck.
[quote]
And, as far as I can tell, there is nothing behind a sticker. I was hoping for that as well, but no luck.[/quote]

Wow.. good luck man.. wish i had one to tinker with...

im Praying to the pioneer gods of navigation that you find something.

I think you will soon enough.

thanks!