AVIC411.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't waste time with Teleatlas updates that have more errors.

I updated our Avic by purchasing a preloaded hard drive with the updates. Wonderfull concept and only cost $100.00. But I wouldn't pay $1.00 for the Teleatlas Map updates that Pioneer subscribes to. The maps go backwards in updates with more errors.

I wouldn't waste time with Teleatlas updates that have more errors.

I updated our Avic by purchasing a preloaded hard drive with the updates. Wonderfull concept and only cost $100.00. But I wouldn't pay $1.00 for the Teleatlas Map updates that Pioneer subscribes to. The maps go backwards in updates with more errors.

Errr.... I would expect the maps on the harddisk to be exactly the same as those on the teleatlas/pioneer update DVD..... There's no other mapsource...

The pioneer update DVD requires a code to install and it is tied to the serial number on your unit. The disc can not be shared.

That is no difference then software for the computer that requires a code.. when you "register" to get the key you have to supply your name and e-mail and then they have acode generator.. hack/crackers make them all the time..

The pioneer update DVD requires a code to install and it is tied to the serial number on your unit. The disc can not be shared.

That is no difference then software for the computer that requires a code.. when you "register" to get the key you have to supply your name and e-mail and then they have acode generator.. hack/crackers make them all the time..

Agreed, but no one has come up with one for the AVIC yet. I believe that this is due to the avics being such a small speicalized hardware/software. It's not like we are asking someone to crack and MS or Adobe product that everyone can use...

Are the disc CNDV-800HDD the same in Europe and US?

In Europe I know that is a 2 disc set, and US? any chance that it could be the same!?

I can't find any way to upgrade my HD3BT (Z2) with 2008 maps without spending +250€!

Only if I had a Z2 I could do the hard drive upgrade, but I have the EU version! :cry:

As long as it's a Z3 image. My only concern with your unit is that the U.S. and European models are infinitely different. If you use the Z3 image from this forum you HIGHLY risk bricking your head unit, and I really warn against using it. However, if you are able to pull an Acronis image (kind of like the one we have here) from a European model, that would work great for what you need.

As long as it's a Z3 image. My only concern with your unit is that the U.S. and European models are infinitely different. If you use the Z3 image from this forum you HIGHLY risk bricking your head unit, and I really warn against using it. However, if you are able to pull an Acronis image (kind of like the one we have here) from a European model, that would work great for what you need.

I mentioned Z2 and Z3 just for naming :wink:

I was referring the HD3->HD3II upgraded unit.

There is a member here with his unit upgraded via dvd disc!