AVIC411.com

Thanks captain. Now I guess I have to get the 2 wire bypass done on my May 06' Z1 for the bypass to work. I've read that many faster/larger drives have reset issues. I'm glad to hear that garrett's drives don't suffer from this problem.

It's been a long time since I checked up on hacks for the Z series. I'm glad I did!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I have sucessfully updated a HD1BT to HD3-II HD3-2 firmware software. I bought a HD3-II and a HD1BT and followed the instructions on this forum for Z1 - Z3 upgrade. I used a Toshiba MK6034GAX 60GB disk with enlarged music partition. Will try Toshiba MK8032GAX 80GB disk soon (1-2 weeks).

The update DVD´s from Pioneer are different for US and European models. They have to be, since they upgrade firmware/software for different units and update different maps..

The HD3-II image I copied and used to upgrade my HD1BT was not a virgin image of a new unit. The HD3-II had been used. The update process took about 20 minutes once I put in the new drive and started up the unit. I didn´t try to turn it off while updating but I guess it would start over the next time the unit was turned on.

I´m not sure if I am the right person to answer, I´m guessing you want to know what are the latest US maps? That would be the maps that are included in a new or upgraded to Avic Z3. They also come as an official Pioneer upgrade DVD, CNDV-800HD wich costs about 110$. There are instructions on low cost DIY upgrade on this forum. The easy way is to get one of garrettomey´s custom drives.