AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my 900bt in the mail today. I am using this unit with my factory speakers. So I am not actually using the RCA harness for anything besides the bypass. Has anyone else done the bypass without using anything on the RCA harness (besides the mute wire)? Also the light green wire to ground is the parking brake wire on the other harness correct?

Also is it safe to ground these in the same place as the ground from the main harness (Black Wire).

Yes, any ground point will work. Either to the body of the car or through the factory radio ground wire.

Well, I tried the bypass and it didn't work for me. The only thing I think I may have done wrong is the moving of the one wire. I yanked it out the back of the white connector, and kind of pushed it into the other hole as the directions stated. I wonder if I was able to push it in as far as the other pins. I think maybe it isnt making a good connection.

Is there an easy way to push that little metal pin further into the connector? What methods have those successful with this used?

Well, I tried the bypass and it didn't work for me. The only thing I think I may have done wrong is the moving of the one wire. I yanked it out the back of the white connector, and kind of pushed it into the other hole as the directions stated. I wonder if I was able to push it in as far as the other pins. I think maybe it isnt making a good connection.

Is there an easy way to push that little metal pin further into the connector? What methods have those successful with this used?

UPDATE

Works great! that was my issue, didnt have the pin all the way seated

Hi - I did the bypass on the F90BT. I get a warning screen I have to OK before it works. Is this correct? Anyway to get rid of this screen?

Helpful tip for moving the mute wire: Lift the little plastic flap holding the pin with the tip of a knife or small screwdriver. Then you can gently remove the wire and pin connector. When relocating it to the bottom row position 4, turn the pin around (upside down) so that it can properly engage the little plastic flap. Hope this helps!

Sorry, I am new to all this car stereo stuff. I just order my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT with two rear displays. Can someone post instructions with some pictures just to make sure people like me don't screw it up.

Thanks, I can wait to get my unit. Will be attach to a Honda Pilot 08.