AVIC411.com

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Pioneer is supose to have these disc's up here soon... for Z-1 and Z-2 users.. anyone have any idea if this does the firmware and software upgrades also or do we still need to do the hard drive upgrade to get that also?

It should do the upgrade but once again not 100 percent sure. The way I see it is, why pay $250 for a disc upgrade and not even sure if it does the firmware while you can buy a pre-loaded Z3 drive for way cheaper.

Best

• 2 weeks later...
did you install it yourself? is it straight forward to do?

Pioneer told me that it only updates maps, and does not update anything else. After you updated the maps, did you notice any difference in the performance of the z1?

Yes, I dit it myself. It consists of 2 DVDs, and you have to generate a password via the Pioneer website.

Mine was already at the level of the z2 (HD3 in Europe), so it was equivalent to updating a Z2 to Z3.

If you still have a Z1, then there are also some changes to the firmware..

Basically, you can see what the majority of the changes are from the update manual from HD1 to HD3 ( Z1 to Z2 in USA ):

click:update 700HD

Info on the update HD3 to HD3-II ( Z2 to Z3 in USA ) is here:

click:update 800HD

jwq, how long did the update take? I'm worried that it will drain out my car battery.

Takes around 3 hours.....

However, you can just interrupt it at any time and continue later where it left off...

Only the firmware update should not be interrupted, and that only takes a couple of minutes...

I'm not sure about the europe versions,

But the Z3 in the US still has the drivers view, not sure why the european versions took out the drivers view mode,

but the US Z3 still has it. Guess you guys are out of luck in europe. :shock:

Don't know why it was killed in Europe, however, I must say I never used it anyway.... :wink: