AVIC411.com

Got accepted for the online discussion

I really hope this turns out to be informative and productive and not just a bunch of canned responses.

I'm sure you are going to ask a bunch of blue tooth questions but I would like to know why the Treo 700w does not work well with the pioneer blue tooth unit. [b]It drops calls[/b] [b]Sound from the phone does not come through the car speakers only through the handset[/b] I am not the only one with these problems.

My Treo 700w worked perfect with the factory Uconnect from Dodge so I have to believe it’s the quality of the pioneer receiver not the phone.

Thanks guys!
[quote name="ufd108"]I'd like to know why the Sirius support is pitiful compared to the XM support. I've had Sirius for years and my old Kenwood HU with the tiny 2-line dot matrix display gave more information than the 7" video screen on my new Z1.[/quote]

I feel the same way. Whoever has an invite please mention this. And I really wish they would show the artist and the name of the song at the same time. And when using the 10key with Sirius, the keypad should disappear when you push enter.

Also I wish there was an option that would turn the AV button in a 'back to AV main screen' button. Sometimes when I am making a changes to something in the AV, I will push the AV button instead of the back button and it changes my source, that's not a big deal, I could probably get use to that.
Just finished "Day 1" of the online "discussion". So far my initial impressions of the so-called discussion is very poor. There is no discussion at this point. It's more like, Pioneer asks a question, you answer it. There is nothing yet that specifies likes or dislikes about the Z1. Hopefully the next couple of days things will get better.
[quote name="bongus"]Just finished "Day 1" of the online "discussion". So far my initial impressions of the so-called discussion is very poor. There is no discussion at this point. It's more like, Pioneer asks a question, you answer it. There is nothing yet that specifies likes or dislikes about the Z1. Hopefully the next couple of days things will get better.[/quote]

DITTO!!!
i'm accepted too, but i guess it's a 3rd party research group, I guess pioneer is afraid if they conduct the research themself people will start venting and if they don't resolve it, it'll seem like they don't care.

and worst of all because it's a 3rd party... they will just report how user responded to questions of "their interest" our how they can solve our problem.
Just saw this on the Pioneer discussion site:

[quote name=moderator wrote]

What would you like to see improved in the Z1's navigationi and Bluetooth functions? Please be as specific as you can?[/quote]

[quote name=user005]
Oh boy, you just opened a can of worms...where do I begin.

First, disabling functionality of the Navigation while in motion is downright wrong. I feel like a vicitm of a "bait and switch" scheme. I understand that you (Pioneer) are concerned with the liablity of allowing access to all the functions of the navigation but when you have an iPod interface that moves at a snails pace while scrolling through a list of 6000 songs then I think your priorities are wrong. The least you can do is stay consistent. I think scrolling the slow iPod interface is just as dangerous as selecting a new destination while in motion yet, there is no warning about that when you use the iPod...go figure.

Second, Bluetooth. It does not make sense to have phone use when the people you are conversing with keep hearing themselves on the other line. The mic design is second rate if not third rate. It may work well for voice commands but as a phone mic it belongs on the dollar store clearance shelf. I can't believe I dupped into buying a $2000 USD unit with a 5¢ mic, if that much. I have friends with the Parrot brand bluetooth device and I hear no echoing whatsoever...hello Pioneer, the technology is there it's called noise cancelling...geeeezzz.

It really sounds like you are more interested in avoiding lawsuits than making a product that is designed to do what it is supposed to do...navigate anytime and anywhere! I don't think Ferrari puts in a 12 cylinder engine in their cars only to limit the speed to 65mph because they're afraid that the owner might drive over the speed limit...come on Pioneer. We're all adults here and if some unattentive driver gets into an accident because he wants to find the nearest McDonalds (look for the Golden Arches dummy) using the Z1 while in motion then it is completely his fault. When I start seeing exposes of Car Navigation induced accidents on 60 Minutes and Dateline then I think you guys should start sweating...in the meantime let us use our $2000 USD navigation equipment. Was I specific enough for you Moderator? [/quote]

[quote name=moderator wrote]
To All:
User 5 has done exactly what we want, which is to let us know specifically what he likes, or in this case, does not like. Thank you 5 and keep in coming. I assure you the right people are reading these comments.
[/quote]

It appears that Pioneer is "concerned" about our opinions. Let's see how things work out.