AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

Upon closer inspection I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. That function that is being called must be what applies the background image, because the bmp attribute is empty in these. Without that functionality, it won't know which image to apply.

I'm thinking we'll need to make up some images to use as the background, and call those directly in that sprite statement.

I'm still going to give it a try though, so I'll report back on what I find.

Good call, I'll keep poking around.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Using Stephanie's idea above, and a little tweaking, we can now remove the boxes when a route is not programmed, without removing them all of the time.

Here are two pictures showing the difference. There are still a few more kinks to iron out, and some alignment issues to fix, but that should only take a little while.

active_route.jpg

no_active_route.jpg

What would be best, a virgin navigatemap_800_480.ui with the changes already made, or just some instructions on how to apply the fix? It's fairly complicated (around 20 lines of code to add/remove), so the former may be the best.

Good job everyone!

SUCCESS!!!!!!

-snip-

What would be best, a virgin navigatemap_800_480.ui with the changes already made, or just some instructions on how to apply the fix? It's fairly complicated (around 20 lines of code to add/remove), so the former may be the best.

Good job everyone!

Fantastic work!

I tend to agree - a 'clean' navigatemap_800_480.ui that has your changes applied, would probably be best way to present it to people.

I have a blue box update as well.

I tried the obvious approach that seems to have only worked for giessen, but not for all of the regulars on this thread.

Well, it didn't work for me either, but I didn't have time to do more playing as I had to hit the road. So, I left it in there.

While on the road, I played around a bit with the system, and discovered that when I canceled a route, guess what? The blue boxes disappeared! So, the initial drawing of the boxes must be coming from somewhere else. But then once navigating, then canceling, they go away.

When I get a little more time with the car (tomorrow), I'll play a little more. I do like this straightforward approach a little better than the more complicated approach that skicrave and stephanie have been thinking most recently, if I can get it to fully work.

Is that going to include the "delete route" button as well?

No, but we'll be releasing things a la cart, so you can pick and choose which mods you want. Not everyone wants the same things changed.

skicrave can you just post the box mods?

I'm not sure if you were trying to sound impatient, or if you want me to just post instructions on which changes need to be made, but yes, I can post just the instructions for people that want to apply them to their already customized navigatemap_800_480.ui.

and how to get rid of the box in the lower left corner?

That will be in a separate thread.

Nice work, skicrave, but where's the clock?? I can't roll without the time...

I removed it because I have one in my instrument cluster and would prefer that the interface be as clean as possible, the box modification we're discussing does not effect the clock display.

The idea is to have HOW TO's for every mod, each in their own thread. Someone will make a thread for that.

Good call.

I have a blue box update as well.

Keep us posted, I tried a lot of combinations of creating a route, deleting it, reaching the destination, and none of them seemed to actually work.

Looks like skicrave's mod deletes the boxes when no route is programmed, but displays them while a route is in progress - me likey!

That's a different modification, but I'll create another thread about it.

Has anyone figured out the magic incantation to make things visible only when there is NO route active? I'm trying to make the three numerical boxes appear when routing (distance left, time left, etc), but replace those with speed/altitude when not routing.

Just use the same visiblemodel, but put a ! infront of the variable. In other words:

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

means it is visible when you are navigating, but

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

means it is visible when you are *not* navigating.

Cheers!

I can get rid of the box itself, but not the text inside it, can anyone tell me where that is and where to put the visiblemodel in?

I didn't have a chance to test this out, but there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work (famous last words).

Well, that actually looks simpler than I thought it would look.

Anyway, I'm going to keep playing with the approach I started today, just because I think we'll all learn something in the process. One thing I'm certain of is that some things are drawn without any evaluation from navigate_map_800_400.ui. My best guess (without testing, just grepping through files) is that the scripts (both the res-specific one in the 800_480 dir and the others in common) are probably calling the shots. I notice that the sprite in question is drawn from scripts_800_480.ui, in a function called "sc_ChangeNormalScreenMode".

I've only been looking at this for a couple of days ... Stephanie is probably way ahead of me and already knows that I'm totally barking up the wrong tree :-)