AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys even read the topic? The only disk the guy had was the West one. You'll have to wait until somebody shows up with an East disk and decides to rip and upload an image of it.

Stop being so impatient for free shit.

To there defense people have been waiting for a long time for a update.

Did you guys even read the topic? The only disk the guy had was the West one. You'll have to wait until somebody shows up with an East disk and decides to rip and upload an image of it.

Stop being so impatient for free shit.

To there defense people have been waiting for a long time for a update.

Why is it so small? The original disks were like 7.5 gigs each.

Is it because they are map only disks? And if so, I guess you would have to keep at least 1 of your original disks (or a copy of it) in case you had to do a factory reset on the unit... because these new disks don't have all the system info/setup stuff the original one had? I dunno... I guess it's a wait and see type of situation.

Is it because they are map only disks? And if so, I guess you would have to keep at least 1 of your original disks (or a copy of it) in case you had to do a factory reset on the unit... because these new disks don't have all the system info/setup stuff the original one had? I dunno... I guess it's a wait and see type of situation.

That's a good point, but isn't this the disk that ships with another unit, so it wouldn't be just maps on it...

Is there a way I can test to make sure it is an upgrade? I have never updated maps on my unit, do I just throw the DVD in the unit and it will do everything there?

I'm guessing you just put it in the unit when you are going to program a new route, just like with the original ones, except it will have new maps on it... I don't think it will actually DO anything just by putting it in the unit.

Is the image compressed? Zipped or rar?

As for installing, just put the dvd in and it should upgrade automatically to the new maps. Upon reboot, you should see the new 2008 date under the pioneer logo

It's a .rar.

I'm extracting it now, to make sure it is good.

And YO! I see your from Naperville, I'm in Palatine!

Edit: seems like the upload did not complete because it's a bad file.

:( I hope he can ups me the dvd, I will foot the bill on it. And then I will up it for everyone

:cry: whhaaaaa I guess we will have to wait till 2010 to get our 2008 update if it ever releases. In all honesty I really fill ripped by pioneer here it is September 3/4 of the way through 2008 and yet there is still no update I think next time I want a nav headunit Ill just go by a garmin. Basically I paid $1000 on a head unit I should of spent my money else where maybe getting an eclipse head unit and a garmin nuvi. then I could have bought two garmins one for my car and one for my wife and still came under 1000 dollars. :roll:
Torrent upload...

now Coming in September! :)

Refer to my previous comment.

Also, it does a sound a bit small for a file size considering it is supposed to ship with the N5. What's going on here, the old disks are much much bigger in file size, 7GB each for East and West, whereas these new ones are only 2-3GB? Where's the rest of the map info. Did Pioneer decide to leave only highways on the map this time. That way people have to update to get city streets and pay $200 for said "update."