AVIC411.com

Playing Video from SD

Does anyone else notice that when playing video from the SD card the entire unit displays serious lag?

When I play from a dvd I can skip to next video / track almost immediately or bring up the menu, adjust volume etc.. when I play from the SD there is serious lag to the point that I wonder if the unit will respond.

I had the same problem- I just figured I needed to format the disk, but I'm reading it's happening to others...

I wonder if you could just burn some mpegs (not as a DVD, but just as a data disk) on a DVD and play them. At a high quality of about 600mb each, you could fit several on one disk...

I'll try it later to see what happens

I had the same problem- I just figured I needed to format the disk, but I'm reading it's happening to others...

I wonder if you could just burn some mpegs (not as a DVD, but just as a data disk) on a DVD and play them. At a high quality of about 600mb each, you could fit several on one disk...

I'll try it later to see what happens

The DVD drive will only play divx (avi) videos. If you want to use mpeg/mp4, you have to use either the SD card or USB.

I have burned the same files to DVD as divx (avi) and there is no problem... just when reading from the SD... it screws up the entire navi

Did you burn the files as a DVD or just avi files to the DVD as data?

Just as a data disk is all you need.

• 3 months later...
SD card is slow for some reason...it has about a 10-15 second lag on my unit. When using a USB card with the same media files, the lag is only about 2 seconds.

Kind of a newbie here, but what is the class rating on your SD card? Perhaps your using a slow SD card? I bought a 4Gb class 6 card for $14 but haven't tried it yet.

I may be way off base here, but wouldn't the class of the card have an effect?