AVIC411.com

F500BT WIRING INSTALLATION

Hello,

Anybody installed the f500bt using the cable harness that comes with it? Please need help. Whenever I turn ON the car before ignition, the f500bt turns ON which is right, but when i put the car to start, the unit shuts off by it self and then I will need to turn it on again manually. So now, its giving twice the lenght of the boot up time. Pioneer told me that it is the voltage drop whenever i start up the car or maybe the yellow wire +12vdc connection is not connected in the +12vdc directly. Any suggestion please. Without this harness, msn will not work. To those people that cannot find their procduct key, you need to use the harness. If you just plugged in the power supply to the unit it self, it will not show you the product key to activate the msn direct. Thanks for your feedback. I'll really appreciate it.

So you are saying that the unit loses power when you crank the starter? That's actually pretty normal for a lot of cars.

I am understanding that he is saying that when he turns the key the radio goes on and when he cranks the car the deck powers down and he has to power it up mannually?

thats correct mazda-3. but the unit will not turn ON again after i cranked up the car. I have to manually turn it on. Unlike the car stereos, they remain turned on. I will bring it back to circuit city today and ill just have the wiring checked.

Why don't you return it? Tell them you had the wires checked and its still not starting up correctly.If that don't work then you could put a switch on the red acc. wire and have it on the off postion until you start your car then once its started cut the switch on and it will only have to boot up once.I know its a pain but there's not much more you can do.I still believe the wiring isn't correct.

Ok, I just checked my car with the 500BT and he is right. You have to manually turn it on. It doesnt stay on even though youve had the key in the turned position. Pioneer update? :?

However, mine didnt reboot when I cranked the car, it went straight to the menu screen or wherever I had left off when I had the key turned. Also, I have to push the power button twice (less than a sec apart) to get the unit to turn on. Holding the power button doesnt turn it on.

i emailed pioneer the other night about this problem. normally they answer the next morning at least saying to call them directly. but this one, they havent answered yet. I was waiting for their answer and constantly checked my email today. ill keep you informed. hopefully they will come up with something.

i emailed pioneer the other night about this problem. normally they answer the next morning at least saying to call them directly. but this one, they havent answered yet. I was waiting for their answer and constantly checked my email today. ill keep you informed. hopefully they will come up with something.

They're just trying to think up a credible excuse for it lol

main power of the unit per the diagram pionner provided is hooked up in the cigarette lighter which normally drop upon starting up the car. but i was thinking also is, the unit has a battery and this should hold the power while starting up your car but it dont and also what is the purpose of the yellow wire that the diagram says it should be tapped in the main +12 of the battery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys - the installation manual says to hookup Yellow cable directly to battery or other circuit that ALWAYS has power and NOT ignition linked wires. If you do that - your system should not reboot. It should power up and stay up once the car is on.

Battery cable (Yellow)

This terminal is on the North American

model only.

Be sure to connect this lead to terminal

always supplied with power regardless

of ignition switch position.