AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my F900 installed at Circuit city, and they tried to do the bypass for me but never got it to work, I ended up getting it to work by pulling out the deck myself and redoing it. They hadn't properly moved the pin or grounded the parking brake wire. (Yes this was for the wired bypass, but i figured it was still relevant) So this is something that is fairly easy to do, grounding the parking brake that is, you can probably do it yourself.

To answer your questions, Circuit City SHOULD ground the parking wire during the installation, but do not be too sure, as it is not neccesary and is taken only as a precaution against short-circuiting the radio. The f90bt and the f900bt both have similar boot times but the f90Bt is faster.
To answer your questions, Circuit City SHOULD ground the parking wire during the installation, but do not be too sure, as it is not neccesary and is taken only as a precaution against short-circuiting the radio. The f90bt and the f900bt both have similar boot times but the f90Bt is faster.

This is completely false the grounding of parking brake wire has nothing to do with short circuiting the radio.

If an install is done by the book than the parking brake wire would be connected to the wire from the parking brake that goes to ground when parking brake is on. I have encountered a few newer cars that require using a relay connected to the parking brake that switches a good ground. This is because on these vehicles the parking brake wires go through a module and does not have a strong enough ground. When the relay is used it requires very little juice to switch the relay on which in turn outputs a solid ground.

I would be very suprised if circuit city or best buy or any of those places would install any nav unit in any way other then the way it is supposed to be wired. In other words the reason they didnt bypass your nav correctly is because they never had any intention of doing it in the 1st place. They still wanted your money though lol so they told you "they'd try". You might get lucky sometimes but for the most part I wouldnt expect them to do it ever. Too much liability involved. You get in a wreck watching harry potter (lol) and they're liable for hooking it up.

I would be very suprised if circuit city or best buy or any of those places would install any nav unit in any way other then the way it is supposed to be wired. In other words the reason they didnt bypass your nav correctly is because they never had any intention of doing it in the 1st place. They still wanted your money though lol so they told you "they'd try". You might get lucky sometimes but for the most part I wouldnt expect them to do it ever. Too much liability involved. You get in a wreck watching harry potter (lol) and they're liable for hooking it up.

im an installer at best buy... untill i get my bs in electrical engineering... and yes were not allowed to do the bypass. managers get pretty upset if they find out, however if it is going to make or break the sale we might do it sometimes... nonetheless the work order you sign when u pick up your car dismisses us from any liability once you sign, bypassed or not.

Regrdless of any liabilty your work order ATTEMPTS to relieve you of, if you were sued, it would be up to the courts.

Not trying to be a tool, but releases of that nature are shot down in court on a regular basis.

Will you tender the sale or release the vehicle until the customer signs it?

If not, the waiver isn't worth the paper. It will all come down to who has a better lawyer.

If the customer refuses to sign their work order, we are not to release their car until the vehicle is returned to previous conditions.

Im pretty sure the number 1 electronics retail company in the world has some pretty descent lawyers, though, half the time they have wits to talk people out of suing. If not, they definately have the money, im sure.

all im saying is thats how it goes.. im not a rule make, just an abider and bender.

wow not worth argueing over guys.

I only posted that because Im a tech and I know how that stuff goes.

Bottom line, if you want "someone else besides yourself" to do a bypass, circuit city or best buy is probably not your best bet.

For me personally Id just write it right on the work order, "wired unit per customer specs" and make you sign it. (bobsyouruncle, that would resolve the liabilty issue. That one you're not going to shoot down in court, its not a blanket release of liability, it's specific). A lot of companies have strict rules about doing that kind of stuff though and the tech is putting his job at risk by "wiring something in a manner that it was not designed". Also the tech himself is personally responsible for his work. In other words he himself can be sued not just the company he works for. Its just not worth it.

As far as not signing the paperwork. If you came in my shop and refused to sign the paperwork... You'd see 1st hand just how fast a NAV can be removed from a dash LOL. Plus, don't expect me to reinstall your old radio. You'd be going home with a hole in your dashboard. Good luck doing anything about it. You owe me money, you'd be lucky Id be letting you take your car at all. Legally I could put a lein on it and park it out back inside my fence.

Anyways back to what I asked before.. Has anyone tried setting that to 0??? Zero might turn it off all together. If its OFF it might not care about the park brake. Worth a try.

I just got a F900, and I have read the post and have general computer skills. I am very good at following instructions, and I understand the first post regarding the DATA.zip file change. The only problem, is that I dont know how to get there. Is there anyone that can help? I really want the unit to work while in motion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all! :roll:

I'm in the same boat that Anand is in. I understand the Data.zip thing in fact I found it in the update from Pioneer. I tried to upload the upadated update and coundn't get it to upload. What am I doing wrong? I am very computer savy and have messed around with windows registry and even hacked a motorola cell phone but I don't know how you guys are getting the updated data.zip folder on the unit. any help would be greatly appreciated.

PPh