AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I got my f900 to boot into wince mode but every time i try to touch any of the buttons the block just turns green like it is locking up. then they ust stay that way until i turn the car on again. i cannot access any of the files to copy them let alone get them to the sd card to edit them. Any suggestions?

I'm Sorry to be a nuisance, I figured out how to load the f900 into wince mode. I dragged and dropped the entire my flashdisk folder to my sd card found the .ini file to my desk top made the change to 128 saved it and drag and dropped it back into the folder but when i try to re-name the original it will not allow me to, if and when i figure out how to rename the file what do i need to do put the file back into the f900, do i just replace the entire f900 my flashdisk all for that one file? or am i completely missing something. any help will do here.

Hey All,

I just had Custom Sounds install my f90bt yesterday. I've read all the posts/replies and I've got one problem.

- Located (*.ini) file..... Check!

- Modified said file.... Check!

- Copied files onto SD Card.... Check!

- Followed instructions to update firmware from pioneer website.... Check!

(I.e. turn off veh./insert SD/turn on unit/...)

- Update firmware... DUD!

My f90 never booted up in "Update Mode" it just started up as usual. I was waiting for the 10 min downtime that it everyone talked about and it never happened... Is there a different update method used? My SD card in a PNY from best buy 1 gb, should be good?

Oh ya, It reads off the SD card I changed my background using it and it worked.

Any help would be awsome!

All you have to do is open 2 explorer windows. In the first window browse to the file you want (example: disk\alp2\igo\filname) highlight that file then click on the very lower right hand icon and enable the keyboard. Once this is up, click on CTRL - then click C.. Then click on the other explorer window and on the keyboard click CTRL - V to paste in the folder you want it in. I had to do it this way as I had the same problem with the buttons.

Another grateful user confirming that this software bypass does indeed work. To all newcomers, I highly suggest reading through this entire thread before posting that it doesn't work and/or asking why it didn't for you. (Too bad they won't read this unless they read everything, stupid catch 22.)

To the OP: please edit your post and add that for this to work, you must also have the parking brake line grounded out. That threw me for a bit, until I read a few more pages. Oh, and thanks!